Try The White

You are the poem I never knew how to write and this life is the story I have always wanted to tell.

- Tyler Knott Gregs 

"Lisa try this on dear, this one will look good on you," Elena said as she placed another wedding dress in front of Lisa.

"I am sure it will, Elena. Why don't you just choose one? We have been here for quite some time now. Just pick one." Lisa answered, clearly not interested in any of the tasks Elena was forcing her in. 

"Lisa! Focus girl. This is your wedding. You should be the one who should be excited not the other way around." Elena exclaimed as she continued to search for yet another dress for the clearly ignorant girl. They have been in the store for two hours now and still, they were not able to find a right dress for the wedding.

Lisa could see how excited Elena was. She didn't want to ruin her happiness but she knew better than anyone, to expect nothing more than adjustment from the wedding. It was painful how much she wished all of this was real, how much she wished that her father hadn't forced her into this wedding, how much she wanted to fall in love and how much she wanted to realize the importance of such sentiments. 

"Lisa, see this dear. I thin-" Elena stopped as she turned around to see Lisa lost in her own thoughts. Though she was not her mother, she has watched her grow. She knew how she felt at times and understood her better than anyone else.

"Lisa, what is it dear? Talk to me" Elena said as she placed herself in front of Lisa, who was sitting on a chair.

"I don't know Elena, I just feel so useless. It's like I don't have any control over my life. I feel lost Elena, so lost and you know what the worst part is? I am aware of everything, everything but my useless self can't even defend myself. I want to honor my promise to mom Elena but it hurts knowing that I am loosing. Every day I think that maybe today, it will be different, maybe today dad will talk to me, he will apologize, tell me how much he loves me, how much he missed me but nothing happens. Every day he gets even farther away from me and now this wedding. I don't even know him, Elena. Of course, he is a gentleman, but marrying him right away? It doesn't justify the reason. I am scared. I am scared that I will let myself on loose and fall in love with him and then he will leave, just like mom did, just like dad did. I am scared to let myself love him, Elena." Lisa cried as she poured out every emotion she felt inside her.

Elena knew how sensitive Lisa was. Although she acted that she was too tough for the world to break her, she could see right through her.

"Shh shh Lisa, don't cry. Listen to me dear, you are not wrong feeling this way. Anybody in your place would have felt the same. Lisa if your mother would have been here, she would have wanted you to be happy and smiling. Your father is just lost, dear, he doesn't know the way to get out of his pain. He just needs time dear, just time. It will heal, everything will. But Lisa, falling in love is something that is not in your hand. You can find love when you least expect it. Don't be selfish Lisa, I know you have been through enough but let yourself a chance, Ian deserves at least one to reach you. Love will hurt Elena, and if it doesn't it is not true. But you will find happiness in those moments. The pain will be unintentional but the happiness will be a guarantee. Your mother would have wanted you to be open to such happiness. Rest is in your hands dear. Sometimes you just have to trust. Okay?"

 Lisa knew Elena was right. She had to give him a chance, he deserved one.

"Yes," she answered as she got up from her seat "now let's search for the dress." She said as she went even further to find the right dress. After some time of shopping and seeing the dresses, Lisa finally found the one. The dress was a plain white descriptive one that screamed both simplicity and elegance.

 The dress was a plain white descriptive one that screamed both simplicity and elegance

"Lisa dear, you should head home. I have some work in this neighborhood. I will see you in a bit." Elena said and smiled at Lisa.

"Okay, see you" Lisa answered as she began walking towards her car. As soon as she got in the car, she started driving home. She remembered how after her date with Ian yesterday, they texted all morning. Ian was a funny person; he knew how to make her laugh. There was something about him that attracted her a lot. She knew how different both of them were, Ian was a definition of confidence and beauty whereas Lisa she was far from confident.

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted when her phone started ringing. She looked at the home screen which displayed Ian's name. She had almost dropped her phone from the surprise. Why was he calling her? Had she done something wrong? What was the matter? Realising she still has not answered the phone, she picked up the call. 

"Hello, love" she heard Ian speak from the other side. Whenever he called her with nicknames, she couldn't help the butterflies that start to form in her stomach. 

"Hey," she answered nervously almost in a low whisper. She heard a chuckle from the other side before he spoke up again. 

"You know, Lisa you have to speak louder than that for me to hear you properly. Anyways where are you?" She could hear the impatience behind his voice. This had to be something important. 

"I am just on my way home, will be there in about five minutes. Why?"

"Because I am outside your house, which seemed to be locked. Which why I know why?" Ian answered as a scratched the back of his head nervously. He was waiting for her to laugh at him for being so stupid. 

"What? Why are you outside? I mean, not that you can't be there but why so instantly?" She was confused. They just met yesterday and now here she was hearing that he was waiting for her outside her house.

"You should come fast. I am waiting. Bye" Ian smirked to himself as he hung up the phone. He knew he would have confused her to no limit. He couldn't wait to see the cute frown that will take place on her forehead.

As Lisa said, she was home within five minutes. She would see Ian sitting on the stairs of the house. She parked the car and quickly walked towards him. 

"You know, I thought you would have been happy to see me," Ian said as he started walking towards her gorgeous innocent beauty. 

"What? No, of course, I am happy but is everything okay?" She couldn't help but think if something would have gone wrong. 

"Nothing is wrong, darling" Ian answered moving close to her as now there was almost no space in between them. He gently moved a spare piece of her hair, which was falling on her face. The sudden gesture made her take a deep breath. His closeness affected her, more than she even knew. 

"Then? Why such a sudden visit?" Lisa was admiring how handsome this man was. His jawline was strong; she would have probably cut her finger by touching it. He was wearing a black suit which was hugging his body perfectly. She wasn't able to hide the fact that she was practically drooling seeing him. 

"I am here to take my future wife to get a ring."