And After That?

"Sir your father is here to see you," Cole whispered in Ian’s ear.

"We are in the middle of a meeting, Cole. Tell him to wait," Ian answered returning his attention to the client introducing their plans in front of him.

"But sir he says its really urgent and he wants to see you immediately."

"Alright fine. I am going to cut this meeting short and then you are going to handle them when they complain because they have been trying to get this meeting for the past month. All the best." Ian answered getting irritated. The one reason was that he was irritated by his father being here and cutting his meeting short and second he couldn’t bear the sight of Cole in front of him. His closeness with Lisa during the past days was something he didn’t appreciate much.

"Sorry to interrupt gentlemen but I have to cut this meeting short. But don’t worry my assistant over here will take in a note of your every proposal." Ian announced passing a smug smile to Cole. "Thank you for your time," Ian said as he walked out of the room.

He could see his father waiting for him in the lounge. "What do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here father?" Ian asked crossing his hands over his chest and a smirk on his face.

"What do I want? I want to fucking enter my company without your permission! That’s what I want!" James shouted in a loud voice enough for everyone in the office to hear.

"Let’s get inside and talk father I am sure you have a lot to say," Ian whispered looking around and watching how curious everyone was. James huffed and started walking towards Ian's office.

"Why the hell I am fucking banned to enter my own office?!" James shouted as soon as they reached Ian's office.

Which office? All of this is mine, I have built all of this on my own. So don't even say that this business is yours." Ian replied taking the seat in front of him.

"I might not have been very responsible with this business but it still belongs to me, I have put my every interest to make it rise," James argued.

"That’s where you are wrong father, you may have put effort but with every wrong way. You left when the business needed you, that's not how you run a company father."

"Oh really? Do you really think you can tell me about morals and values? Or how to run my business?  Speaking of that how is Lisa?" Jamea s smiled and took a seat in front of his son. He knew he had hit the right line.

'Don’t you dare drag Lisa in all of this" Ian spoke crushing his teeth to control his anger.?
"Of course not, but does she know what are you hiding? Or is she still in dark huh? I know you didn’t tell her the whole truth Ian, you so claim to be in love with her but here look at you lying on her face."

"Listen, I am telling you this for the very last time, don’t drag Lisa into any of this and whatever is between us is our concern." Ian responded placing his hands on the table and looking at his father as if daring him to challenge him.

"C’mon Ian, do you really think you could hide this from her forever? She is going to know this eventually. I just want to see her face when you tell her everything." James said releasing a quilt of laughter.

"Don’t even think about going near her!" Ian shouted to protect his secret. He knew if Lisa get to know his truth from anyone else, he would lose everything.

"Then go to this meeting!" James shouted meeting Ian's range. "Go to Australia complete the meeting and get this deal, I would not tell her anything."

"And how do you think I can trust you?" Ian asked. He knew he didn’t have any chance here, he had to do anything to protect the truth but he still wanted to try his luck.

"It doesn’t look like you are in the position of asking for confirmations here Ian. Do as I say, go to the meeting and get the deal, you have my word she won’t know anything." James answered settling his anger.

"Alright," Ian answered after a moment of thinking but honestly what choice did he had.

"Great but honestly Ian you should tell her before anyone else does. I think she at least deserve to know how you planned this whole marriage that from the very beginning you planned everything. Do you really think she would stay with you when she knows that even her knowing about the deal in Paris was your plan, begging her for forgiveness and telling her you love her was all part of your plan? And what for? Just to take her dad's company." James whispered shaking his head.

"What do you know about relationships huh? Where did you ran off when Mia and I needed you? When I had to take over the company at 19. You took my whole life so you don’t dare lecture me about relationships." Ian answered not trying to remember any of his past brutal memories.

"I know I was not an ideal father to you and Mia but I do know this, what you are doing to Lisa doesn’t define you as an ideal person even. Stop before you make the mistakes I did and lose people like I did." James answered in a low voice.

"I won’t stop until I get her fathers company. I made a promise to myself and I am going to do it. It doesn’t matter who gets hurt." Ian answered with a stone expression on his face.

"Not even Lisa? For God sake, you love that girl Ian! And this is just money just let it go!" James shouted trying to be the father his son always needed. He knew he was never there for him when had needed but he still wanted to protect him from giving up the only thing that will matter that is love.

"I don’t love her father I do not. Whatever I am doing is to get justice to her. All what matters to Lisa’s father is money and his business. I will take away the only thing that matters to him like he took away my Hailee."

"It’s been two years Ian, you need to let things go now." James said placing his hand on his son’s shoulder.

"My Hailee needs justice father. And I made her a promise and I am not going to stop until I complete that promise."

"And after that? You take everything from Liam, then? What would you be left with huh? There would be no one Ian. You have lost hailee but stop Lisa before she goes too far. She didn’t even know what her father did. Stop playing this game with her." James whispered and walked out of the room.

It was true that Lisa didn't knew anything. She didn't knew what is father really was. The only thing ian could think of was how to get just to Hailee. How to make Liam suffer like she did. And he knew nothing could stop him from doing that, not even Lisa.