Why Bother?

"Ian I need to go now, come on its been an hour". Lisa whispered trying to get out of her husbands tight embrace.

"Five more minutes please" Ian pleaded pulling her further into him.

"You have been saying that for an hour now. Get up please, you will be late for work." She argued removing one of his hand from her, back. She thought she would be successful to get out when he placed his hand back instantly on the same place.

"Dammit," Lisa cursed making a light sound of laugh pass through Ian’s mouth.

"Don’t you dare laugh, you idiot. Marie has already called us three times for breakfast." She complained giving up and lacing her hand on his built up arm. After last night Ian didn’t want to leave Lisa alone so he slept on her bed, creating a boundary of pillows, which eventually got ruined later and they ended up sleeping in each others arm.

"What are we Ian?" This was a question which was swirling in her mind for a while. Are they a married couple now? Or they are just dating?

Hearing her voice to be serious Ian loosened his hold on her waist to take a look at her face. He couldn’t grasp the fact that how could a person look so beautiful when he just woke up.

"What do you want us to be?" He asked moving upwards placing his back against the bed.

"I don’t know it’s all so complicated. I just want to take things slow and see where we go." She answered looking straight ahead. Maybe she wanted to take everything slow but how will she be able to handle the tension between them.

"We can do whatever you are comfortable with, if you want to go slow then we will take this slow." He answered placing his hand on her shoulder gently rubbing it, moving forward and placing a tender kiss on the area below her earlobe.

"Ian..." Lisa moaned unable to stop herself from feeling aroused from his mere touch and here she was talking about taking things slow.

"But will you be able to handle this slow baby?" Ian whispered placing his hands around her waist and pulling her between his legs. She gasped from the sudden movement but didn’t protest. As he continued to work his hands on her shoulders, his lips near her ears and neck wasn’t making things easier for her.

"We won’t do anything until you say so, but remember baby you have to ask." He whispered leaching his mouth on her neck placing hot kisses on the area.

"Wonder what Marie would have made for breakfast" he whispered suddenly removing his mouth from her neck and moving himself from the bed.

"Ian!" Lisa shouted as she was left all hot and bothered and now he wants breakfast.

"What? I am just taking things slow." He answered innocently shrugging his shoulder.

"Fine, but just know that two can play a game." She challenged him getting on the floor facing him with a smirk on her face.

Suddenly he moved ahead and closer to her. His face moved towards her ear "Game is on baby, be careful I do bite." He whispered gently nibbling on her earlobe.

Before Lisa could answer him, his phone suddenly starting ringing. He gave her a winning smirk before reaching on the stand to get the phone. As soon as he saw the name on the screen his expression changed. He couldn’t understand why was his father calling him, when he refused to work with him.

"Who is it?" Lisa asked worried as to his change in demeanour.

"It's my father. He doesn’t call me without purpose." He responded still debating whether to take the call or not.

"Just pick up the call." She suggested wrapping her arms around herself. He nodded before attending the call.

He answered the call and walked out of the room to talk. Lisa couldn’t understand why was she feeling so restless. It was like she knew something bad was about to happen. She just couldn’t get the feeling out of her.

While Ian attended the call she decided to go downstairs and set some breakfast Marie prepared. She heated the food and placed it in the plates and waited for Ian to come down.
"Hey," she heard Ian say as he climbed down the stairs walking towards her.

"Hey, what did he say?" She asked instantly to shake the thoughts in her head.

"He wants me to attend the meeting with foreign clients this Monday."

"That’s it? Then why do you look so upset about it? I think it's a good thing he is giving you business to attend, this means he is moving on. Doesn't it?" She asked taking into note his facial expression.

"The meeting is in Australia. I have to go there for a whole week." He answered justifying the reason for his sadness.

"That’s your work Ian, you shouldn’t be so sad about that. You should go." She replied placing her back on the kitchen board.

"Something doesn’t feel right about this arrangement Lisa. Like suddenly he wants me to go on an international trip when just yesterday I refused to continue helping him with his plan."

"You are thinking too much. He did tell you that he wouldn’t continue the plan either so why worry so much." She tried to argue placing her hand on his cheeks and looking in his eyes.

"I told you he will not stop so easy. And I just got you, I don’t want to go so early." He answered taking her in a right hug wrapping his arms around her.

"Don’t think too much. Maybe his mind did change as he said." She replied falling into his embrace even more.

"Maybe." He whispered reassuring himself.

"Common I heated up breakfast." Lisa said as she moved back from the hug taking his hand and making him sit on the chair.

"Marie is such an amazing cook." Lisa said as she moaned as the taste settled on her tongue.

"No argument there. Tell her not to cook dinner tonight."

"Are you going out for dinner today?" She asked turning towards him.

"No love, we are. I am taking you on a date today." He answered twirling the loose end of her hair.

"But you didn’t ask me." She answered biting her lips.

"I think we both know you wouldn’t refuse. So why bother? See you tonight love." He replied placing a kiss on her forehead and walking out of the room.

The question that was still bothering her was,
Could his father really change?