Chapter Forty Six

Hectic, probably the only word that described the 5 days leading up to prom. Most people had months to prepare for Prom, I had merely days. I spent 3 out of the 5 days running around trying to find the perfect dress. I eventually found it the day before Prom. It felt a bit weird going with a guy I barely know but Michael seemed like a nice guy. He was very quiet and kept to himself but maybe that's what I needed, someone very low key.

The closer we got to prom, the more tension that built up between me and..well literally everyone. Jacks' glares became more frequent and Sam was too scared to talk to me. As for everyone else, they all thought I was only going to Prom with Michael to get back at Jack, which I wasn't! At least I thought I wasn't. Aside from that, I was actually really looking forward to Prom, it was something I was only going to experience once so I was glad I was going in the end. 

I stood in front of the mirror, running my hands down my dress, head tilted to the side. My Mom walked up behind me, smiling from ear to ear. "What?" I asked, after seeing her reflection in the mirror. She shrugged. "Nothing, I'm just so happy you're going to Prom" She said grinning at me. "You mean you're happy I'm going to Prom with someone besides Jack" I said smirking at her. She just chuckled in response. "You look beautiful honey" She said fixing my hair. "Thanks Mom" I said smiling into the mirror in response.

A few minutes later, the door bell rang. "That must be him" I announced making my way to the door. I opened the door with a beaming smile on my face. "Hey" I said. He looked me up and down. "Hey, you look beautiful" He said which made me blush slightly, which I never really did. "This is for you" He said handing me a corsage and placing it around my wrist. "Thanks" I said smiling back at him.

After taken enough pictures to give one to everyone in America, we finally left. "Be safe and have fun!" Mom called after me as we got into the limo. "Sorry about her" I said embarrassed by my Mom's excitement. "No don't worry about it, she seems nice" He told me as we sat down.

I could feel butterflies in my stomach as we walked into the school. I don't know why because I wasn't nervous or overwhelmingly excited. I held on tight to Michael as we walked through the school. I gave myself a minute to take in everything. The decorations, the people, the dresses. "You okay?" Michael asked laughing as we walked through. "Oh yeah, I was just looking" I said giggling. Just then I caught a glance of the one person I didn't want to. Jack and Sophie in the corner looking particularly cozy. My stomach dropped slightly as I watched them. His hands firmly holding her waist as her hands rested on his chest. That should have been me, that could have been me if I hadn't messed everything up.

Well there was nothing much I could do about it now, so I might as well try and have a good time. I was so distracted by my own thoughts that I didn't even notice Michael was still beside me. "Wanna dance?" He asked, leaning into my ear. "Sure" I said smiling back as I followed him to the dance floor. 

As much as I tried, I just couldn't make myself have a good time, as much as I wanted to. No matter what I did, or where I was, my eyes always fell to Jack and Sophie. A pit of rage and jealously was burning in my stomach and I couldn't control it. Eventually I just couldn't take it anymore. "Can we go outside for a while, I need some air" I asked Michael. "Sure" He said with a sweet smile. I took his hand as I led him out to the front of the school. We walked over to a patch of grace sitting out down. Just before I sat, Michael placed his jacket down under me. "Thanks" I said shooting him a grateful smile before sitting down fully. I let out a deep sigh. "Everything okay?" Michael asked, looking at me. "Yeah, it was just getting a little stuffy in there you know?" I said turning my head to face him. "Yeah I know" He said leaning his hand on his knees.

"This doesn't have anything to do with Jack does it?" He asked me. "No, of course not" I lied shaking my head. "Good" He said moving his hand up my thigh. I stayed still, unsure of how to react. "Feel any better?" He asked moving his hand up further. That sent a shiver up my spine, and not the good kind.

He leaned in, forcing his lips to mine. I tried to push him off but he was way to strong for me. I pushed him off abruptly. "Michael stop" I tried to say in a demanding tone but it just came out weak. He didn't stop though, he kept pushing himself onto me so that he was now on top of me. "Stop!" I yelled again beginning to panic. I continued to push him off me but he didn't budge. I didn't know what else to do so I began to scream. "Help! Help!" I screamed. "Shut up! Don't act like you don't want it, you went out with Jack Gilinsky you should be used to it" He said in a harsh tone. I continued to scream but my voice got weaker after every cry for help. I almost gave up when someone pulled Michael off me. I tried to see through the blurred vision my tears had made for me. I looked up to see Jack standing there looking at Michael angrily. 

For a moment I thought it was a dream before Jack leaned down and picked me up. "Go inside" He demanded in an infuriated tone. "No Jack don't do something stupid" I pleaded with him. "Kendall go!" He yelled making me jump slightly. "Dude don't tell her what to do, we were fine" Michael alleged beginning to stand up. "Shut the fuck up!" Jack replied to him ."Kendall inside now!" I didn't try and argue anymore. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me into the school, too scared to look back.