Chapter Seventeen

The more minutes that went by the more lower my stomach sank. I tried not to think the worst but it was inevitable. I stared at the front door intently waiting. My optimism fading as the minutes did.. I began hyperventilating unsure of what to do. Before I could over think anymore, I flung open the car door, sprinted towards the door. As I did the door opened and I let out a sigh of relief as Jack stood there in front of me. There were a few bruises on his face but it was a lot better thank what I was expecting to see.

His eyes widened as he saw me running towards him. "What are you doing?" He said taking my hand and leading me back to the car. “I thought you were hurt!” I said in my defence. "I’m fine you should see the other guy" He said winking at me which made me giggle slightly. He opened the car door for me before walking around to the driver’s side. I didn’t want to ask but I knew I had to. “Is eh…is Sam okay?" I asked looking at Jack. "Yeah he’s fine..some of the other guys are taking him home" he said casually and I nodded in acknowledgement.

We sat in silence as we drove, I was glad that Jack came for me but now that everything was okay it was just awkward. We didn’t exactly have the most pleasure last conversation. I wanted to apologise but it just didn’t feel right in that moment. I could see that Jack was trying to say something because he kept opening his mouth to speak only to close it again. "Do you want to talk about what happened or?.." Jack said looking uncomfortable asking me. "It’s not really a big deal, I just wanted to leave and he didn’t and we just got in a fight over that" I said trying to keep it casual. “And then he hit you..?” Jack said giving me a sympathetic look.“Well it was more of a shove but yeah pretty much” I said looking out the window.

"Are you okay? do you need to talk about it?" Jack said looking at me. “No I’m good, I’m just glad I’m out of that house” I said shivering slightly. "I should be the one asking you that, that bruise looks pretty bad" I said clenching my teeth. Jack ran his hand along his bruise. "Yeah I guess, it doesn’t really hurt that much though" He said trying to act manly. I laughed as we pulled up to my house. "Do you want to come in?" I said awkwardly not knowing what to say. "Eh yeah sure" He said shrugging as he got out of the car.

I began walking ahead of him but he grabbed my wrist pulling me back. “Hey are you sure you’re okay?” He said looking concerned. “I’m fine” I said pulling him into a hug. "I can’t thank you enough for coming to get me after everything I said to you" I said into his chest."Don’t worry about it, it’s in the past" Jack said smiling at me. “I think everyone is in bed so just be quiet” I whispered to Jack as we walked through the door. I took his hand as I led him to the kitchen. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked him sitting on the counter. "Nah I’m good" he said leaning on the counter opposite me.

"Come here" I told him gesturing for him to walk over to me. He did as I said standing in between my legs. "Let me just clean your face a little" I said as I ran a tissue under the tap. I placed my hand on his face as I began wiping the dried blood off his face. He smiled at me chuckling as he looked me in the eyes. I smiled back as I ran the tissue over his cheek. For a moment I though he was going to lean in but he didn’t. He obviously realised the sexual tension too because when I was finished wiping his face he stood up coughing awkwardly.

I yawned loudly because it was now around 2am. "A little tired are we?" Jack said chuckling at me. “Okay I’ll let you sleep then” He said beginning to walk out of the kitchen. “Or you could stay maybe..if you want?” I said trying not to seem like I really wanted him too. "Why do you want me to stay?" He said smirking a smirk at me that I haven’t seen for a long time and it actually made my stomach flutter slightly. “No it’s just with your bruise, you may have a concussion or something and it would be irresponsible of me to let you drive home” I said smirking back at him. "Alright stop begging, I’ll stay" He said in a cocky tone.