Chapter Thirty Six

Sam pulled out laughing in disbelief. "As much as I want to do this, we shouldn't" He said shaking his head. "Why shouldn't we?" I said confused at Sam's sudden hesitation. "Because Jack's my best friend and he's your boyfriend" He said matter of factly. "Yeah well I'm not too sure about that now" I said looking at Sam. "Kendall I don't want you to only want me because you're mad at Jack" He said raising an eyebrow at me. "I'm not.." I said even though I wasn't really sure myself. "Look Kendall, I like you, believe me I like you but I'm not going to fall out with Jack just so you can get back at him for whatever he did"

"Why would he get mad at you? I'm the one that kissed you" I told him. "Yeah but he won't believe that, he'll think I'm trying to steal his girlfriend" He said to me. "Well technically he stole me from you so..." I said smirking. "Not before I stole you from him first remember?" He said smirking back. "Well technically speaking I wasn't his to steal" I said trying to justify the situation. Sam just laughed. "Okay let's do this, I'm going to go back to Omaha and give you time to think about it and sort things out with Jack. If by then you still think we should try us again, then I'll be all for it" He told me. I sighed. "Fine..I guess that is the most sensible thing to do" I pouted. "Okay, I have to go, I told my parents I'd be back before 1am"

We both stood up and walked to the door. Sam turned around to face me. "Call me okay?" He said lifting up my chin and placing a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled "Okay I will" I said leaving against the threshold. "Bye" He said waving weakly before walking out of my dorm.

I let out a deep sigh before flopping down on my bed. I took out my phone and I had no texts at all. I didn't expect one from Lexi, but at least from Jack. Did he really care that little about me that he didn't even call to explain. I glanced at the time at it was 8 o'clock. I assumed all the girls would be down in the cafeteria so I decided to go down there. I kind of needed someone to vent my feelings to anyways. I walked in and Piper and Courtney were the only two there. "Hey, where is everyone?" I asked sitting down.

"They're all gone back home to their families for the week" They said and I rolled my eyes. "How come you two didn't go home?" I asked them. "My parents are in Australia on business" Courtney said. "And my parents just don't give a shit" Piper said shrugging. I nodded in acknowledgment. "Nice.." I said under my breath. "How come you didn't go home? Don't you want to see my boyfriend?" Piper asked me. "I do, but if I go home my Mom won't let me see him so there's no point. He was meant to come visit me this week but I really doubt that's going to happen now" I told them.

"What do you mean now? Did something happen?" Courtney asked me, looking like I had just told her the worst news ever. I was starting to think she was more committed to our relationship than Jack was at the moment. "It's complicated" I said zipping up my hoodie. "We have time" They said simultaneously smirking at me. I laughed fine.

I sat there for the next 30 minutes telling them the entire story from start to finish, not leaving even the slightest detail out. "And then I called him and I heard Lexi's voice on the other line so I kissed Sam because.. Well I don't really know.." I said frowning at my own self confusion. "Wow.." Courtney said in shock. "Yeah wow" Piper said sighing. "Yup" I said nodding at them. "Personally I'm on team Sam" Piper said which made me laugh. "No! Team Jack, there's too much history there to give up on him" Courtney argued. "History isn't always a good thing.." Piper argued back. They went on like this for a few minutes before I stopped them.

"Guys, can we please talk about something else?" I asked them. "Yeah of course sorry" Courtney said. "Yeah sure.." Piper said. "Just one more question" She asked me. I laughed "Okay go" I told her. "Does Jack have tan skin and dark hair by any chance?" She asked. I frowned in confusion. "Yeah why?" I asked. She looked behind me. "Because I think that might be him" She said discretely pointing to somewhere behind.

Sure enough when I turned around there he was. Leaning against the door of the cafeteria with his signature leather jacket on and a guilty expression across his face. I turned back to the girls. "I'll be right back" I told them before getting up.

I'm going to double update tonight because it would have been too long of a chapter. Idk what time it will be at but it will be today