Chapter Forty One

To say my Mom was happy would be an understatement. I've never seen her smile as much as she did when I told her. Lexi was utterly disgusted by the news which was just a bonus. My Mom said I could still take the 3 days off to get settled in before going back to school. Which I kind of needed to prepare myself. I wasn't planning on telling Sam or Maggie. I didn't want them to make it a bigger deal then it was. I didn't want to have to say a proper goodbye to Courtney and the girls because I would probably get too emotional. Besides Courtney's goodbye was enough.

Since I still had my stuff at boarding school, Mom was going to take Monday to go down and get them. Which meant Lexi and I were going to be in the house by ourselves for at least 5 hours. Which was a recipe for disaster. 

I was currently sitting on my kitchen counter eating cereal while my Mom was gone down to my old school. Lexi walked in with her stupid facial expression that made me want to kill her. "I'm going out for a few hours" She announced as if she thought I would care. "Cool, don't come back" I said while eating. "Don't worry, I'll be moving out tomorrow" She said shooting me a fake smile before walking out the door.

Finally the day I had been dreaming of was here. The day Lexi was actually going to be out of my life and could no longer meddle with my life. Even better, she was moving out of the state which means I would be seeing even less of her than I thought. Naturally, Mom whipped out the waterworks. I don't know why, she knows Lexi is a bitch. Well she is her kid so I guess she kind of has to love her. She wasn't going to get any tears out of me. And if she did they would be tears of joy. "I'll walk you to the car" Mom said through her tears. "Okay" Lexi said picking up her handbag. She stared at me for a moment. "Well bye?" She said looking at me in angered confusion.

"Hmm? Oh yeah bye" I said giving her a weak smile. She scoffed, shaking her head. "Bitch" I heard he say under her breath. But I didn't care because I knew as soon as she stepped out that door that I was free.

I gave Mom her space to deal with Lexi leaving. At around 10pm, I walked into the living room. "Mom, I'm just going to go to bed. School in the morning so I don't want to be tired" I told her and she nodded. "Alright sweetie, Goodnight" She said pulling me into a hug. "I love you so much" She said squeezing me tightly. I tensed in shock. "I love you too" I said relaxing before hugging her back. "See you in the morning" I said to her before going to bed.

I woke up the next morning to my alarm going off. I got up straight away hitting the snooze. I wasn't even tired. I wouldn't say I was exactly excited, but I was anticipating this day. I was determined to talk to Jack. And not talk as in throw shade at each other or annoy each other. No. Like actually sit him down and make him listen to my side of the story.

I walked to school as quickly as my legs could carry me. They gave me the same locker and everything so it was almost like nothing had changed. Well almost. I was so blinded by my determination to talk to Jack that I didn't even realise Sam had been calling my name since the entrance. "Yeah?" I said turning around to face him. "You're here! Are you staying?" He asked with a beaming smile. "Yeah I guess.." I said shrugging. "Look Sam I hate to be rude, but can we talk later? I have something I really have to do" I said beginning to walk again.

"Where are you going?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows at me. "I'm going to talk to Jack" I said in a hushed tone. "What? Why?" Sam asked frowning more intensely. "Because I want to get back together with him" I told him. "Why?" He asked again. "What kind of question is that?" I said starting to get annoyed. "He's not the guy he was 3 months ago Kendall. He's changed and I don't really want you getting involved with him again" He said and I scoffed. "Well sorry that isn't really your decision to make" I said folding my arms.

Sam opened his mouth to speak but stopped when he realised he had already overstepped his boundary. "Would you know where he would be?" I asked trying to make it less awkward. "Yeah behind the science labs" He said running his fingers through his hair. "Like where all the stoners hang out?" I asked raising an eyebrow and Sam nodded. "For fuck sake.." I said storming off.

I stormed all the way to where Sam told me to go. I saw Jack leaning against the wall, smoking a joke. I walked up yanking it out of his mouth. "What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, yelling slightly. "Well good morning to you too" He said laughing at me. "Jack, what the fuck seriously" I said pointing to the joint in my hand. "What? It's not like you haven't done it" He said smirking at me. "Yeah smoking a joint here and there is different to smoking it 10 minutes before school starts on a Wednesday" I said sternly. "Why do you even care? It's none of your business, just fuck off" He said waving me off. 

I'm not going to lie, that hurt. I've never felt so disrespected by Jack. Even before we were going out, he was a cocky bastard but he was never disrespectful.

My heart almost stopped when I heard the booming voice from behind me. "Miss Kendall..first day back in school and you're behind the science labs smoking" The principal said as I turned around. "I-" I began but didn't really have anything to say. Jack covered his mouth to surpress his laughter. "I don't know what you find so funny Mr Gilinsky, you are in just as much trouble" He began "But Sir" Jack exclaimed. "I don't want to hear about it! Detention today after school for both of you!" He exclaimed. "Now get to class!" He demanded before walking off.

I stood there in shock for a moment. I didn't get detention the entire time at boarding school. I'm back in school less than 10 minutes and Jack gets me in detention. "Ugh!" I groaned, folding my arms and storming off.

Well it wasn't that bad. It gave me a full hour to talk to Jack without any distractions.

Ugh sorry this chapter was very shit sorry. Anyways #teamjack or #teamsam?