Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

My eyes widen in astonishment watching him pulled up with his convertible car God-knows-what car brand he's currently driving cause I know I'm no fan of cars. Geez, boys and their freaking car toys.  Jake showed his teasing smirk at me. Wait, he's asking us for a ride?

'Did Jake just asked us for a ride?,' Cassie whispered to me, rephased the question which was in my thoughts. I just stood there feeling dumbfolded towards myself. 

'Well, what do you say girls?,'

'Sure, why-,'

'No thanks, but we'll walk,' I cut Cassie off immediately, while she looked at me with disbelief. 'What are you doing?,' she mouthed at me. 

'You sure? I mean I just offering a helping hand for you girls,' 

I glared at him, 'Thanks, but we rather walk,' I told him simply and dragged Cassie with me leaving him.

'What are you doing?,' Cassie whispered angrily to me, 'when a famous celebrity just asked you for a ride, you accept it not reject it!,'

'Well, I just did so let's just go,' 

'Hold on!,' Cassie spoke loudly, 'If you're not going to take a ride with Jake but I can,'

'What's that supposed to mean?,' I argued 

Cassie didn't say anything else, she walked up to Jake and whispered something to him, while I crossed my arms over my chest, eyeing at them, and then Jake said something to her and Cassie turned back to me in all glee mode.

'I'm taking a ride with Jake,' she announced proudly.

Instantly, the arms acrossed my chest were on my sides, my jaw dropped. I did not believe she just said that. I huffed 'You're kidding,'

'Nope, I'm not,'

'Cassie, stop fooling around and let's go,'

'You're walking home by yourself, I'm taking a ride with Jake,' she added again, looking at Jake.

I'm in so pissed mode right now. Cassie was dumping me on the streets so that she could hitch a ride with Jake?! 

'You're ditching me for him?,' I yelled 

Cassie said nothing but just walked right at Jake's car opened the car passenger door and sat on the passenger seat closing the car door, while I just stood there and watched.

'You're seriously going to take a ride with this rich and famous celebrity instead of walking back with your best friend? Well, fine have it your way then! I don't care!,' I argued back loudly and I was left breathing heavily because I was yelling in one breath. I took one look at Jake and Cassie before walking away alone, practically stomping with my feet. 

'How dare she? How could she?,' I thought to myself. She's my best friend and always got my back. And now she's hitching ride with Jake Calston. I've should have known she's just like one of Jake's fans.

And then, the car once again stopped beside me. I knew it was Jake so I keep walking dragging my feet along with me, picking up my walking speed.

'Get in,' Jake spoke, I eyed him at the corner of my eye before facing the front ignoring him. But he doesn't stop there, the car began to slowly move along with me.

'Come on, Cassie. Don't be mad,' Cassie answered

'I'm not mad. I'm furious,' I told her, regretting for opening my big mouth, while I'm actually trying to ignore them.