Chapter 5

Chapter 5

My mind just couldn’t keep quiet about Jake’s surprise. Since Friday night he called me informing me about it, he sounded excited and honestly, I wasn’t.

Confronted Mum about giving my number to Jake, but she kept avoiding the topic away from me, I know that she does not want

I couldn’t help to wonder what’s the surprise he’s going to give me, was if a gift? I highly doubt it, trying to think of all the possibilities since he’s the well-known celebrity since the rise of Robert Pattinson on his debut stardom of the Twilight series.

I don’t know what he’s planning but I don’t like it at all.

Not to mention it’s already Sunday already, there’s one thing though I’m glad about, he didn’t bugged me with his phone calls.

Or maybe he’s so busy with his fame that he didn’t contact you, just like last time. My thoughts told me.

Now fast forward to Sunday, I lay back on the couch just staring at the ceiling at it’s fascination just a typical Sunday. Nothing much. Cassie didn’t call either, I wouldn’t want to bother her.

I heard Mum came up to me, ‘What are you doing?,’ she asked

‘Nothing, just staring aimlessly at the ceiling for no apparent reason,’

‘And you’re just going to spend your Sunday just staring at the ceiling?,’

‘Yes,’ I replied back with my eyes still attached to the ceiling

‘Oh no. No, no, you’re not going to slack around just staring at the ceiling, I won’t allow it,’ Mum spoke walking towards me, pulling me up off the sofa.

‘Mum,’ I half-whined

She ignored me and dragged me towards the kitchen,

‘You and I are going to have a mother and daughter bonding time,’ she insisted

I stood in front of the kitchen table and it’s filled with stuffs. Eggs, flour, mixing bowl, everything.

‘Mum, what is this?,’ I asked her

‘What do you think? We’re doing baking today,’

Did I mention that Mum loves baking? Well, she does. Whatever pastries or desserts, Mum claims herself as an expert of it. Dad and I love Mum’s baking skills.

‘So, what are we making today?,’

‘Well…, she trailed and she went to the other section and grabbed a cook book and showed me the page,

Sachertorte (Sacher cake), that’s what it written on the page

‘I always wanted to try the Sachertorte,’

I took the book and stared at the picture of the Sachertorte, it looks delicious and I felt my mouth water, by just looking at it. Ugh, why do food pictures always look this yummy? What’s worse that I have a big obsession over chocolates. I mean who doesn’t love chocolates?

‘Amy, I suggest you stop drooling over the cook book and help me start baking?,’

Snapping out of my food fantasy, I placed the cook book down ‘Alright, Mum. Let’s bake a Sachertorte!,’ I said excitedly.

I used to stare at Mum baking when I was younger, just sitting there watching her stir the mixing, pouring it into the baking pan and into the oven for baking. I’m also cheeky whenever she’s not looking I would dipped my finger and lick the mixing. It was delicious. And when she caught me, I would run away from the kitchen counter.