Chapter 8

Like I promised the next chapter is longer than the last one!

******

Chapter 8 

My eyes were still focused on Jake’s when my stomach started growling suddenly, I heard him chuckling before letting go of my face. I could feel my cheeks redden already from my embarrassment.

‘You sound hungry,’ he started ‘I feel like craving some sandwich, come on,’ And with that, he disappeared from my sight, heading towards the kitchen, I mentally groaned.

Asking why he decided to show himself at my doorstep, Jake said that he decided to hang out a little, very much to my disappointment. He added that he’s bored and figured he should stop by and see me. But I guess that’s a lie from him, I know he wants to tease me about the surprise, which I’m not happy or excited about.

I decided to make a sandwich, taking out a two slices of bread when he suddenly asked me,

‘What no sandwich for me?,’

I glared at him, but he just grinned back at me with his hand supporting his chin. Without saying a word, I took out another two more slices of bread

‘Where were you during recess? Apparently, you just disappeared,’ I decided to ‘interrogate’ him, and also the fact that I’m curious. At the same time applying butter on each slices of bread.

‘Oh, you noticed?,’ he asked back

‘Actually, everyone noticed. Especially your fans,’ I told him

‘I gotta settle a few things before I can officially study at your school. Not to mention, your principle is kinda harsh on me,’

‘You mean Principle Westwood? Yeah, he’s always like that,’

‘He’s scary,’ he paused for a second before continuing ‘Like you,’

‘Don’t start,’ I threaten him pointing the butter knife at him. Jake put his arms in the air, signaling ‘I surrender’. I shook my head and continued applying butter on the rest of the bread when I could feel him staring at me.

I looked at him ‘What?,’

‘Since when you get so aggressive? I remember you as the young innocent Amy,’

‘I’m sure you forgotten that the young innocent Amy, you used to remember is capable of doing this,’ I told and hit him on the arm.

‘Ow! Okay, clearly I forgotten about that,’ he replied back, rubbing the part where I hit him, as I smiled with triumphant. Clearly he has forgotten the fact that I love to hit him when we’re younger. Jake always complained that his arm was sore and sometimes there’s some visible bruises and of course, it hurt a lot.

‘So, you decided to finish high school here? Why?,’ I asked him again

‘Well, I figured I should enjoy my life as a high school senior student since I’ve been homeschooling my whole life, and trust me homeschooling it’s not fun at all. So I discussed with Mum and Dad, they figured it’s a great idea then I suggested your school. My parents also just purchased a house with a good price, away from school, you know to avoid any public attention,’

‘He suggested it, figures,’ I thought to myself, finishing buttering the bread. ‘So, I guess you decided to take a break from the entertainment zone now, huh?,’

‘Yeah,’ he breathed out, removing his hand from his chin ‘My agent, she keeps bugging me with new movie roles, it stresses me out,’

‘Let me guess, she’s not happy when you decided to go schooling on a public school,’