Chapter 20.

"I'll be wearing these scars, for everyone to see. I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you."

-Leona Lewis

~~~~~~~~~

Winter

Looking down at my phone once more it read that only two minutes had passed since the last time I checked.

Slipping it back into my pocket, I turned my head left and right hoping to see any sign of her pixie cut.

I let out another sigh, shifting my weight to my other hip as my hands were resting on the handle of my luggage.

This was so like April. She was always bloody late. Every date we ever had I was kept waiting for ten to twenty minutes, I grew so used to it that every time she said seven o'clock--I knew it meant seven-thirty or so.

"This is absolutely ridiculous!" I said out loud to no one "Who forgets to pick up their own bloody girlfriend from the airport! She better have a good excuse this time."

"Does picking up my girlfriends favorite flowers and chocolates count as a good excuse?"

A smile stretched across my face, spinning around to see her standing there, one hand holding a bouquet of roses and a box of Turtle chocolates.

"Hello gorgeous." She grinned, arms opened as I let her engulf me in a tight embrace.

Feeling her nuzzle into my neck, I breathed in her scent--cigarettes and a hint of something woodsy.

Getting on my tippy toes my lips brushed against her ear as I murmured "I missed you."

Placing a kiss on my bare shoulder, she held me tighter, the roses and box forgotten as she let them fall to the floor before literally lifting me off my feet.

"I missed you too baby."

Wrapping my legs around her waist I pulled away slightly, arms now wrapped around her shoulders as I now had to look down at her from my point of view.

Feeling her hands on my bum she gave a light squeeze making me gasp.

"April!"

"Still innocent." She laughed "Haven't been giving any of my love away have you babe?"

Shyly smiling I shook my head "No."

"Good. Cause your mine." she puckered her lips making me lower mine to hers.

My fingers tangled themselves into her freshly cut hair--she always loved it when I played with the pretty brown locks. Despite our hanky panky session, I smiled at the thought of her getting all pretty to see me.

Although a bit chapped her lips moved easily against mine, the taste of watermelon with the hint of tobacco awakening my senses and making me tug on her roots, the hum she let out letting me know that she didn't mind at all.

After a few more minutes we both pulled away, foreheads pressed together as our breaths mixed with one another.

Her eyes were closed but the flush of her cheeks let me know exactly how she felt.

"God, I've missed kissing you."

"Yeah not kissing anyone for months will do that." I chuckled.

She didn't answer making me furrow my eyebrows before she suddenly opened her eyes.

What I saw shocked me a bit--April looked close to tears and the sudden pout that she had made me cup her cheek in my small hand. Lowering me back to my feet, I waited for her answer as I stepped back to crane my head to look up at her. My 5'5 height putting me to shame compared to her 5'9.