Chapter 29.

"You know I'd be lyin' saying you were the one that could finally fix me, looking at my history; I'm bad at love."
-Halsey
~~~~~~
edited: July 8, 2020

The air was thick with tension.

No one moved, no one even dared to breath...except Frankie who had such a wide grin and hop in his step, Scar feared his cheeks would split wide open with the fast jittering movements.

Eventually, Cameron and Ace broke apart. However, the glares they gave to one another made it clear that their fight was far from over. Cameron seemed to relax when Scar pulled him towards her, the feeling of hers and Winter's hands rubbing circles across his back distracting him from the thought of punching his eldest brother, the brother he thought he had known so well throughout his life.

"Well," Dante finally spoke through the silence "What did you find, Frankenstein?"

"Okay," Frankie rubbed his hands together approaching the island where everyone gathered around.

"Besides a ton of cobwebs and Dante's old basketball from third grade, I stumbled upon multiple photo albums and..."

He held up a hand, taking the longest pause to add dramatic effect but only seemed to annoy the already antsy group further.

"Spit it out!"

"Frankie!"

"Bro really?!"

"Any day!"

"Toronto Margo!"

"Alright! Alright!" Backing up with a slight smirk on his face, Frankie said "I found an old karaoke machine and I've got it all set up in the living room. You guys down?"

Sharing looks of puzzlement, Frankie let out a deep sigh before continuing to guide them to the living room.

"My game!" Cameron pouted going to the old console that had been thrown off to the side "Did you save my place at least?"

When he received silence in response, a long wail escaped his mouth before Scar threw Ellison's book at his head.

"Callate el osico, wey." She spit out. (Shut the fvck up dude)

"Now you know my pain, bro." Dante noted as he walked by.

Rubbing the sore spot near his temple, Scar received an annoyed pout before Cameron plopped himself down onto the sofa. Receiving a small nudge from Winter, she gave Scar a pointed look before questioning on what was the matter. She received a roll of the shoulders and Winter let out a soft sigh.

"Sounds like fun bro," Dante noted "But we sing like a bunch of dying ducks?"

"Speak for yourself," Winter let out a snort before turning to Scar with a sly smirk "Scar and I actually can sing."

"Being in choir during the fifth grade doesn't count ladies."

They both gave annoyed looks to Blaze who was still taking a bite out of his taco and received a lettuce filled smile.

"Asshole." Scar grumbled before giving Winter a pointed look "You've got to be kidding me right?"

She continued to beam a smile.