Chapter 27.

"Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

-5 Seconds of Summer

~~~~~~

"I'm not telling you again," Ariana warned "Hold still."

Jerome let out a huff, trying to find a comfortable position that doesn't send a sudden sting of pain through his body had proved to be quite impossible. He watched Ariana as her slim fingers continued to smear the antibiotics on his arms, flashes of him being thrown to the ground by his own best friend crawled it's way into his mind. He quickly pushed them to the farthest corner of his brain.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Ariana's soft voice brought him back to reality.

I'd always come back to her, Jerome's eyes widen. Had he really just thought that?

He cleared his throat, trying his best not to let his sudden wave of nerves show.

"The fight." His tone came out deeper than usual "We have never fought like that before."

"I know," She shook her head "You guys are best friends, I just hope you know how bad you crossed the line when you mentioned you know who."

"What?" Jerome's voice came out full of sarcasm "Now she's Lord Voldemort?"

"This isn't funny Jer."

"No shit Ariana." He snapped.

Her eyebrows furrowed together, she seemed taken back and a bit hurt by Jerome's sudden mood change. Raising to her feet she turned away from him, heading to restroom, she turned on the tap washing the medicine off her hands.

Jerome released a deep sigh, getting up from the couch where he had been laying. When he first walked into Ariana's room he expected it to be much more...girly. Instead he was met with soft colored walls, an average sized bed accompanied with a couch and posters, a lot of posters; he was impressed, Supernatural, Scar-face, and Will Smith were all brilliant choices.

She was so distracted with her thoughts, she didn't realize he had moved to stand behind her. Ariana jumped in surprise, the new face in the mirror making her heart pound and fingers move to grip the edge of the sink.

"Dammit Jer." She grumbled "Don't do that."

He wrapped himself around her, his huge figure covering her petite one. She had changed to a loose shirt and cotton shorts while Jer sported nothing but his jeans since his wounds covered twenty percent of his upper body. Bringing her against him, the sudden gasp and wince she let out hadn't gone unnoticed. Jerome suddenly remembered the fence incident.

"We haven't checked your back yet."

She gently pushed herself away from the marble, Jerome stepping back to give her room to turn around and face him. She stared at Jer for what felt for a long time.

"You can trust me A." It was barely a whisper, but the intensity in those brown eyes caused him to receive a tentative nod from her.

He expected her to move to her room, lie on her stomach so he could raise the fabric enough to see the damage. However, he was completely thrown off guard when Ariana reached for the hem of the tee and yanked the fabric over her head.

Jerome tried his hardest not to look down. Clamping his mouth shut before she could see his stunned expression, she looked away, cheeks burned a deep red and he couldn't help but smile.

Hooking his fingers under her chin, he forced her to look at him.

"I really hope you know that it's taking everything in me not to look down. My guy instincts are kicking my ass."