George or Draco

George or Draco

            Since I found out I was pregnant, there had been a couple more changes have happened to me and everyone I knew. I was bigger for one thing. It was now January second; which means I’m eighteen weeks pregnant and it showed. I wasn’t huge or anything but I had a bump and my boyfriend, George Weasley, loved it. I, on the other hand, didn’t. I still wasn’t sure if he was the father or if Draco Malfoy was. I was still pretending it was his and forced myself not to think about Draco but sometimes it was hard. I was still the only one who knew the possibility of the baby not being George’s and it was going to stay that way until I was sure if it was or not. And that fact made me not want to talk about the baby; which made people suspicious.

            I also wasn’t the only one pregnant now. Katie Jordan was three months pregnant with her and Lee’s first child, Hermione Weasley was also three months pregnant with her and Ron’s baby, and Ginny Potter was four months pregnant with her and Harry’s second child. Mrs. Weasley was happy that there was going to be more children running around and the kids were happy they’d have more kids to play with. Padma Patil and Dean Thomas had gotten married in November and I was one of her bridesmaids. Other than that, everything had relatively stayed the same.

            I woke up that morning and felt the baby moving around. A small smile crossed my lips but faded quickly when I thought about Draco. I pushed the thought aside and got up and looked at the time. It was nine in the morning which meant George once again didn’t wake me up for work. He had been doing that for three months now; saying I didn’t have to work since I was pregnant. But I wanted to. It got my mind off everything. I changed into a sweater and loose jeans and Converse before going out to use the bathroom and grab a scone and going out of the flat and down to the shop. It was busy with kids wanting to spend money they had gotten from Christmas and George was greeting customers while Lee worked the register. I poked George’s side and he jumped before he turned to look into my blue eyes with his brown ones.

            “Good morning, Love.” He grinned and kissed my lips.

            “Morning.” I said and crossed my arms. “I thought I told you I wanted up to work this morning.”

            “But you need rest.” He knelled down and touched my stomach; smiling because he felt the baby move. “Tell Mummy you like to sleep.”

            “Tell Daddy Mummy likes to work.”

            He looked up into my eyes and said, “Claire, I just want you and our baby safe.” He rubbed my stomach.

            I sighed. “I know but I’m fine working. And everyone misses me greeting them.” I grinned.

            “You got that right.” A voice said to my right and I looked to see Padma coming over to us. I grinned and hugged her tight before we looked back at George. “George doesn’t have the overly happy tone you do.”

            “Thank you.” I laughed.

            George sighed. “Alright. Greet people then. I’ll go stock the shelves.” He kissed my head.

            “Good.” I said jokingly after him then Padma and I stood by the door to greet the customers.

            “How are you today?” She asked curiously.

            “Fine. Annoyed but fine.” I laughed and greeted a customer.

            “Still not talking about the baby?”

            I looked at her. “I’m talking about it.”

            “Sure you are.” She laughed. “It’s like you don’t want it.”

            “I do want it.” I said seriously. “I just don’t want to focus my life on it right now. I’m not big enough where I can’t do anything right now so I just want to do things normally until I have to.”

            She shook her head. “You’re mental.”

            “I know.” I smiled and looked out the window. My smile faded when I saw Draco walk passed the shop. He looked at me and an evil smile crossed his face. I touched my stomach protectively and glared at him as he kept looking at me and walking. My baby wasn’t his. It couldn’t be his. It was George’s. You don’t know that for sure, my mind said and I tore my eyes from Draco with tears rolling down my cheeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short first chapter but I think it's a good introductory one. Hope you like it!