New Year's Eve Special: Shinto New Year (2)

“You!” the two cried in unison. “What are you doing here?” Chuuya asked, trying to calm his anger.

Dazai closed his eyes and looked at the other direction, folding his arms and tapped his foot with his loafer. “I should be the one asking you that,” he respond.

“We’re the first one who got here first.”

“Is that so? How many hours did you spend before you arrive?”

“Hah! Did you spent hours before you Sankeien? Poor Dazai. It only took us 40 minutes before we arrive!” mocked Chuuya, making Dazai turn his head back to him and glare. Both of them gave electric eye contact to each other, until Dazai broke a tension and snorted as he smirk. “That’s almost an hour! It only took us 10 minutes here to arrive! So we’re faster than you!”

“But we arrived here first than you!”

“Dazai-san!” a soft, calm voice of a female suddenly broke them from fighting. They both turn their head and saw (Y/n) coming out from the shōji, sliding it open and walked towards Dazai with a smile. “Let us have you change your clothes,” the girl said, smiling at her man warmly, brightly, until she looked and saw Chuuya looking at her. The short mafia turn around to his back, but remained his sight to them. “Don’t worry,” said Chuuya. “I have no plans to harm you. Even the mafia have no plans to harm you,” he added. He went back inside, leaving the two alone. Silence dominated. Dazai, in worry, looked at (Y/n) and hoped not to see her face being frighten to know that the mafia’s here.

“Just stay by my side and don't lost go farther without me,” he said, making the petite girl raise her head to look at Dazai’s eyes and smile.

“Hey! Why is the Agency here?!” Chuuya squawk while pointing the wooden wall of their chosen pavilion. The mafia was in the middle of having fun. The commanders of the black lizard, the mafia, were having a small talk with while pouring each other a wine. Unlike the usual, they aren't wearing any formal suit since they're not at work. They changed themselves wearing kimono—other wears yukata.

Hirotsu turn his head to the mafia executive. “Is something wrong, Sir?” he asked.

“Tell me why the Agency is here! I thought they would only go to some certain shrines to pay their respect to the Kami!” Chuuya waves his arm up and down while pointing the Agency’s direction and keeps complaining like a kid. Hirotsu closed his eyes and spoke to answer. “I believe I do not know the reason. I’m sorry if I fail you,” he said politely. Chuuya shook his head and heaved a sigh. He draw his palm to his forehead before looking on the other direction.“Nevermind. Who reported about this fake information anyway?!” Chuuya screamed. The whole Black Lizard turn their head to their one of their men, standing on the side, guarding them. He suddenly felt colds in his back, knowing he just angered someone high ups from the mafia.

Chuuya turn his eyes to the man and walked towards him, grabbed him by the collar and gave him a strong glare. “You! You said they're only going to the shrine and celebrate a simple New Year! Did you fail to know their deepest plan?!”

“Sir I’m so sorry! That's what I heard from their member so I thought they're only doing what they've said,” the man begged for his dear life, silently pleading to let spare him.

“Who is this member you heard from anyway?!”

“I believe from that man with a brown hair.”

Chuuya raised his left eyebrow. “Man with a brown hair?” he asked. His tone of anger soon disappeared because of confusion. He  thought he already have an idea who that person is. All he want is to confirm it.