Bella's Dream (omitted from Kiss Me)

Since some of you would like to read the dream that I'd had as part of the last chapter, I figured I'd just add it here.  It's not important to the story, just something that I'd written.  I went through a dream writing phase during this story. Lol  So here you all go.

I was wrapped in Edward's arms as we swayed to the music that was playing. So far, Homecoming had been a great success. I got to hang out with my wonderful friends, drink crappy punch, and dance with the most amazing guy on the planet. What could possibly go wrong? The minute I thought it, I wished I could take it back. Tightening my grip on Edward, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Something wasn't right, only I couldn't figure out what it was.

"What's wrong, Bella?" Edward asked, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"Something isn't right," I told him.

He spun us in a circle and I realized, with a startle, that the gym had changed. Gone were the decorations on the walls. The disco ball was no longer spinning, and the wooden floor had turned to stone. What the hell was going on?

"Edward!" I whispered urgently in his ear.

"Be still!" he barked at me.

I noticed that the room had begun to darken, and I was hit with the pungent smell of mold and wet stone. "Edward!" I hissed at him. He pulled back from me, and his hands grabbed my upper arms.

"I told you to be still!" he snarled.

I struggled to get out of his grasp, but his hands gripped me tighter, and I could feel the bruises beginning to form. Tears sprang into my eyes as terror came over me. Something was definitely wrong. I looked up at Edward and noticed that his eyes had a dead look to them, and his features were cold. I managed to get one arm free and reached up to slap him. Before I could hit him, a strong hand grabbed mine.

"Don't," came the voice of Emmett, from behind me. Oh, thank God! I turned to Emmett and was startled by his appearance. Like Edward, his eyes had a blank stare to them, and the huge grin that normally was etched on his face was gone. The panic began to set in, and I knew that I had to get out of there. I had no idea where I was or what was going on, but it was abundantly clear that something was wrong. As I frantically searched for a way out, I saw a man start to cross the room, heading toward us. I watched in horror as I saw Carlisle come into view. His skin was pale white, almost see through, and his eyes were black as midnight. He came up to me and stroked a finger across my cheek. I couldn't contain the shudder that swept through my body.

"She'll do," he told them.

I'll do? I'll do for what? What the fuck was happening?! I struggled to get away, but didn't stand a chance against the two men holding me captive. They dragged me toward a stone table that I hadn't noticed, in the middle of the room. There were candles lit all around it, and symbols drawn in chalk on the floor. Good God! This was like an episode of Buffy. Except I wasn't a blond with kick-ass vampire killing skills. Or a crossbow.

I was laid upon the cool stone, and my hands and feet were quickly shackled. I heard a noise coming from the foot of the table and looked toward it, as best as I could. I felt a scream erupt from my throat. I didn't know what I was looking at, but it instilled fear in me. Standing on two legs, with the face of a wolf and the body of a man, was a hideous creature. I could see what looked like blood dripping off the sharp nails, and his teeth gleamed in the candlelight as he opened his mouth and let out a loud howl. Slowly, it started toward me. I could feel its sharp claws tearing at my dress, its fangs nipping at my skin. That's when I knew. I was being sacrificed to the beast. I closed my eyes and waited for death, praying that this was only a dream.