23

Loud voices going nonstop and overlapping each other broke me from my peaceful sleep. I groaned snuggling into Dominic more, "Baby turn the TV down," then curled into his side even further burying my face underneath the blanket.

He yawned in return wrapping his arm around me tighter and gruffly replied, "We don't have one in here."

It took a minute for that to register. When it did, I opened my eyes and sat up just as Dominic did. We looked around the room then at one another confusedly. He's right, we don't have a TV in here so where are the voices coming from and why are they all talking over each other? Slipping out of bed I grabbed a t-shirt from my bag and threw on a pair of pajama pants leaving Dominic sitting on the bed rubbing his eyes to figure out where the voices were coming from.

The house was still dark meaning it's still pretty early in the morning so it surprised me when the smell of coffee and pancakes greeted me. I walked over to the window in the hall to determine who was here by seeing what car was in the driveway. Instead I noticed a relatively small crowd outside the house. What the hell they're doing out there I have no clue. When I reached the kitchen my mother was moving about cooking up a storm while my Dad sat at the counter going over a stack of paper occasionally scribbling something down. Neither of them were speaking but still I could hear their voices amongst those of the people outside going on and on and driving me crazy.

"Dad?"

"Hey Sweetie, what are you doing up so early?" He glanced down at his wristwatch briefly shooting me a confused look.

"Aside from the noise outside, you and Mom were talking too loud. Looks like we need a fence by the way." I huffed as I hopped onto the stool beside him resting my head on his shoulder.

"Talking? We haven't spoken since we got here." My mother turned away from the stove with a frown that displayed her own confusion. Just then I heard the voices again and looked back and forth between the two. Neither of them moved their lips but I heard it as clear as a bell. "What is she talking about, Lance?"

"I don't know. Maybe she inherited your family's wackjob genes."

"My family isn't crazy!"

"Yes they are and you're the worse one."

"Then what does that make you for falling in love with me?"

"It makes me smart because even though you're a loon you have a great ass I get to touch anytime I want."

"Dad!" I shouted throwing my hands over my ears, but it did me no good. I could still hear those words banging around my head as well as the sexual undertones within them. His eyes widened and the smirk he held fell from his lips.

"You heard us?" Recognition set inside of him with a look of embarrassment turning my mother's cheeks bright pink. "Don't tell me you're able to hear our thoughts now! Only mates are supposed to hear each other."

"Are you really surprised, Lance?" Dominic walked in standing behind the stool I was sitting on and wrapped his arms around me. "Doc warned us that things would continue to happen after we mated." He grinned kissing the side of my face. Is that part of the male ego or something? To make it known when they get laid? Why did he have to tell my Dad that of all people? My mom gasped basically dropping the pan she had in her hand on the stove and clapped her hands excitedly while my father glared at Dominic pretty hard. Suddenly he froze and stood with his mouth slightly agape. I followed his line of sight but didn't see what had him so entranced. Lifting his hand he pushed my hair away from my neck exposing my mark and gave me the same exact look.

"What is it?" I asked in a panicked tone fighting the urge to get up and run to the nearest mirror to see for myself.

"Your marks..." Hearing that I jumped to my feet and ran through the downstairs halls toward the half bath centered between the living room and dining room. I flipped on the light holding my hair up and gasped at the sight of the image within my mark. It was a wolf's paw with swirling vines fanning out into leaves on each side of it. It looked like a raised tattoo perfectly centered within Dominic's bite but was actually smooth to the touch. I ran my fingertips over it absently and shuddered from the sensitivity. Surges of pleasure rippled through me causing my body to warm and my breathing to hitch. I should have known better than to touch it considering what I asked Dominic to do last night. I don't know why I wanted it so badly. I craved his bite and after we settled in, I returned the favor feeling accomplished and...complete.