20

"Royalty?" Dominic and I asked at the same time, looking at each other wide-eyed and disbelieving. I feel like we should be asking more questions. Yet, I can't seem to get over my shock long enough to formulate one.

"Yes, royalty. For as long as our history dates there has never been anyone above the elders of the Council. Only those that are pure wolves and of strong Alpha bloodlines are appointed as Council. This has allowed us to reign over every pack in the country because we're considered the strongest of our kind. With your wolves being superior to ours, that changes everything." Councilman Kraft stepped down and repeated the same action as the others, bowing in front of us.

"Hold on just one second!" Alpha Morrison wailed, "They're kids! You're bowing to kids?! There is no such thing as wolf royalty and even if there was why would it be kids?"

Dominic growled beside me and I placed my hand over his, receiving a relieved sigh in return. I can still feel his anger and frustration underneath the sudden veil of contentment because I share it. This man, Alpha Morrison, is getting underneath my mate's skin with his attitude and it's taking everything in me not to flip. In fact, he has one more time to speak out against my mate like that and I'm going to let loose on him.

"Kids they may be, but they made your son and entire pack bow to them. They hold more power than all of the Alphas in the world combined." Doctor Hemming interjected with an attitude that brought a smile to my face.

"We have to inform the rest of the community."

"But if we do, wolves will be pouring in from everywhere to see them! Well, have a huge mess on our hands trying to house them all."

"Shouldn't we wait until we know all of their strengths before we tell the others? They'll have questions and we don't have all the answers right now."

"We won't know all their strengths until after they mate and you suggested they refrain, remember?"

I feel like I'm watching a ping pong game the way they keep going back and forth popping out question after question, answers leading into more questions.

"Uh, can we go home until you guys figure this out?" I raised my hand slightly, finding a small gap in their conversation to which they all turned and looked at me and simultaneously said, "No."

"What we are we going to do about their living situation, speaking of? They'll need to be guarded and protected." Councilman Kraft raised a good question. These high ranking officials are acting like starstruck fans right now so I can only imagine what the other wolves will be like. I can just imagine Dominic and I walking through the house seeing wolves outside the windows trying to get a peek of us. Not to mention we live in two different places.

We could move in. I hear my wolf in the back of my mind. She seems giddy over the idea as if it's already decided.

"That's a great idea." Dominic gripped my hand tighter, pulling a curious look from me. What the hell is he talking about? I quirked my brow at him showing my confusion. "You moving in. I like that idea."

"Did I say that out loud? I wasn't even thinking it."

"But I heard you. Loud and clear." He smiled knowingly and my jaw hit the floor.

"You heard my wolf? That's impossible. How can you hear MY wolf? Ok, if you can hear her, what is she saying right now?" I faced him, throwing one of my hands up on my hip with my lips pursed purposely keeping my face and eyes blank. He is so sexy and it's hard to keep from smiling at the fact or at the way he's narrowing his eyes at my challenge.

If he keeps looking at me like that, I'm going to have to revive my attempts to corrupt him. The whole time we stare, my wolf is begging to be free and to mate.