A/N JIM'S AGE - CONCERNED?

The subject of Jim’s age has caused a frankly ridiculous amount of upset, so here I am to explain all on just why I chose for a character of a fictional story to be the age, I the author chose for them to be.

Firstly, the age difference no matter how ‘controversial’ it may be does not break any kind of law or rule as Bethany is a legal adult, in laymen’s terms, eighteen. This makes the age difference between the main couple twelve years; I personally know at least two couples who have at least a decade between them and they happen to be two of the most happy and long lasting couples I know to date.

Secondly, the age difference was necessary for several reasons that are key to the plot line of the story, exhibit one: The pursuit – As you should all know from reading ‘My Father’s Beta’, Beth was extremely against finding a mate and settling down, she had firm plans on leaving the pack when her education was finished.

Now, this would have been a massive problem; if Jim was not as old as he is, thereby being alone for so long he thought his mate to be nonexistent or dead, he would not have been so unrelenting and persistent in his pursuit of Beth, and, therefore neither would’ve tried to make the bond; I don’t know about you, but after having written and read the story it would’ve been a damn shame if they were never together? Anyone agree?

Also for the sake of the plot, when I envisioned the story Jim was older than most authors cast their leading male because he had to have a bond of brotherhood and best friendship with Beth’s Dad to create enough conflict on the Father’s part to keep the story interesting and by extension, worth reading. Could you see a thirty six year old man being best friends with a teenager? I can’t, it would’ve been more a Father/son relationship and that would have caused almost no drama at all.

It was also crucial he be older because as we should also know by now, Jim was almost forced into an arranged marriage – again for the sake of interest and drama, and I don’t know about you but I wasn’t about to make a twelve year old get married to anyone, it would be more than kind of messed up.

Another reason for Jim’s age difference is that – and I hope you noticed this and took it seriously, Beth’s past of being moved around between people at such a young age took it’s toll on her more than possibly even I can convey – which is my problem, no one else’s – by making Jim older, it creates at least in my mind a type of stability that a teen heartthrob just can’t offer.

Furthermore I’d just like to point out that Jim and Beth are soul mates – he is in no way a pervert and never have I ever given that intention, contrary to popular discussion in my comments boxes. Jim is probably the single most kindest, sweetest male lead I have ever written for and other comments from people I don’t even know have agreed: “Jim = perfection”, “I want a Jim” and so on; if you’d like more examples feel free to peruse the story’s comments.

Lastly, this is a Werewolf story, it is fiction, so relax.

I understand that my opinions on age difference in a relationship are not to be forced on anyone – people have a right to feel the  way they do, but the above is how I feel and as the author I feel I should be taken at my word on my own story. If you have any more comments or worries about Jim’s age please feel free to personal message me anytime day or night, I will try my best to ease your concern.

The tone of this formal author’s note may seem harsh, and to be perfectly honest I meant it to be, I feel a little bit aggravated by it all. I realise I’ve not uploaded in a while but I’ve a lot going on in my life right now and have done for the last couple of months in which I have tried to tell you through several different broadcasted posts. Trust me when I say it has not been easy dealing with everything when in the one place I felt I could relax has suddenly faced me with a butt load of complaints.

For anyone who feels happy with this explanation, I thank you for taking the time to read it and for understanding and taking in my tempered articulations and I promise you all with hand on my heart I have been writing for ‘My Father’s Beta’ continuously and have about ten pages of the next chapter but it just isn’t right yet – it will be uploaded shortly however.

For all those who have never had a problem with Jim’s age, I thank you for your continued support and apologise from the bottom of my heart about the gap in time from my last post, things have been crazy at my end but you are never far from my thoughts.

I feel better now, thanks for listening to a troubled persons rant.

Have a kick ass day XD

Lildaydreamerxxxx