Wolf Pants

Beth

I’ve never been so, serene before in all my life, so warm and content to just be as I am than I am right now.

I was in Jim’s arms, my back to his chest, his back to the headboard of the bed, the sheets tangled around us. I could feel his lips pressing softly against my back, my shoulders, my neck, every kiss ending in an addictive pecking sound. I had my eyes closed in complete bliss, it felt so good to be with him like this, I felt like I could breathe for the first time since before I realised I had a bigger, better half of myself missing.

My eyes were closed and the tear still came, not a sob just a small bead of liquid crystal, I opened my eyes then, watching it’s progress down my cheek and chin and I wasn’t fast enough to catch it before it slid away and splashed on Jim’s arm. I held my breath waiting for it with baited breath.

He drew back slightly and I could tell that he’d moved his face away from my skin, I could picture him looking up at the ceiling with that adorable confused look on his face, checking for a leak and slowly, but surely Jim slipped out from behind me and the flipped over me so that he was hovering above me, his eyes widened, hurt and confusion, sadness and despair etched onto his face as he looked at my tear streaked one.

“Baby what’s wrong? Did I hurt you? Did you not enjoy it – because I –“

I grabbed his face in my hands shushing him gently, pecking his lips before I pressed my forehead against his. “No no, it’s none of that”.

“Then what is it”?

“I was just thinking about how I don’t think I’m ever going to want to leave”.

His smile was huge. “That’s great! That’s good Beth, that’s really good, why the tears”?

“My Dad, I don’t want him to be alone again Jim, I can’t leave him again, I won’t”.

“I’d never ask you to, but Beth... it doesn’t mean that I don’t want you here, I know it’s selfish but I don’t want you to leave me alone either”.

“Jim, I’ll never leave you, ever I promise, I couldn’t ever leave you”. I smashed my lips to his in my desperation for him to see how much I need him and could never be without him again. Jim kissed me back just as hard, his hands grasping my body closer to his and his next words we slurred between kisses.

“Does that, mean you’ll, stay after we’re, done with, school”?

“Yes”.

“Thank God”. Jim’s head slipped out of sight and I felt his teeth grazing my mark, I gasped and moaned fisting my hands in the sheets when I felt his hot tongue lapping at it.  “Mine”.

“Yours” I promised.

 When I woke up I thought I was dreaming because sunlight was warming my skin. My eyes were still closed and I wasn’t planning on getting up anytime soon whether or not I’ve got classes of any kind. I rolled further into my bed and jumped to the sky when I hit something solid.

My eyes blinked open and then I smiled, seeing Jim propped up on an elbow, bent over me with a smile. As soon as I saw him I wanted him, my hand was already crawling up his bare chest, my heart beat getting faster as his eyes darkened. I kissed him hungrily for a minute before I remembered the sun and pulled away abruptly, jumping out of the bed. As soon as I’d moved Jim had crawled across the bed and to the edge, grabbing onto my waist and pulling me to his chest, looking up at me with a hurt frown.

“What’s wrong baby”?

“It’s morning”! I almost yelled, pointing at the window hysterically, while Jim sat on the edge of the bed looking all calm and cute with his hair all mussed and messy.