chapter 6

Alec's POV

Once Tyler and I settled down, his parents came. His mother had long, smooth blonde hair that was tied up and put into a bun. She was wearing a red pencil dress, matching her lipstick color. His father had short black jet hair. He had on black suit and a purple tie. They both approached me sticking their hands out for me to shake. I gladly shook them, giving them one of my famous breathe taking smiles.

"You must Alec, I've heard so much about you. Just kidding, I've only heard about you once and that's when Aiden was throwing one of his tantrums." His mother said laughing with her husband.

"The name's Karen but you may called me Mrs. Barrett." She said smiling.

"And I'm Barry. Barry Barrett, but you can call me Mr. Barrett or Barry."Mr. Barrett said.

"I'm Alec. Alec Smith, but you can call me Alec." I said laughing, but they didn't laugh at all, not even a smile.

"So, you're in the Dark Moon pack correct?" Mrs. Barrett asked.

"Correct."

"Great." She said in a sarcastic tone.

"What's wrong with being in that pack?" Tyler said scrunching his eyebrows together.

"Nothing son, it's just that we thought you'd be mates with someone that has more, I don't know, more money." Mr. Barrett said.

"What? Dad how could you say that?"

"Honey, you know that our pack is rich. We wouldn't want our grand children to be poor." Mrs. Barrett said trying to calm Tyler down.

"Who said you were getting grand children?" He spat out.

"You have to have kids. If you don't, who's going to keep our reputation of alphas?" Mr. Barrett said.

"Is this all you care about? Money and our alpha reputation?"

"Well of course!" His parents said in unison.

"But he's my mate, it isn't about the money, but the love. And that's what really matters!"

"However, with money you can buy love! You can even buy yourself a new mate, instead of this poor little skinny boy." Mr. Barrett explained.

"No you can't! Maybe you think you can buy love but I think you have to earn it."

"Then what's the point of that? There's no dealing or varieties, if you only have one option, what's the fun of that?" Mrs. Barrett said.

"That's it! I've had it!" Tyler said dragging me out of the restaurant.

He brought me to his car, opening the door for me. I quickly slid in before he slammed the car door shut. He got into his car, starting it up.

"I'm so sorry about my parents." He apologized.

"No it's okay, I know my family doesn't make as much as yours." I said not looking at him.

"But it doesn't matter who makes more than who. As long as I have you, I'm the happiest guy in the world." He said giving a peck on the lips.

I smiled and returned the kiss. We drove off in silence, but it was an awkward silence. The air around us was so thick and it was suffocating me. He dropped me off at my house and drove off. I walked into the house to see mom drinking his tea and watching a movie as dad made sandwich in the kitchen.

"Hey honey, how was meeting Tyler's parents?" Mom asked pausing the movie.

"Not well."

"What do you mean?" Dad asked coming out of the kitchen with his sandwich.