Chapter Nineteen

N I N E T E E N

“What are you doing in here?”

That was the first thing that escaped from my lips. I guess it was an impulse type question but honestly, I really didn’t know what to do. Or even how to react to the situation. It wasn’t like this happened to me on a daily basis.

What made me anxious was when I asked him the question; I was surprised by how calm my voice sounded. It was too calm really.

“Put a shirt on first.”

Did I hear him right? “Excuse me?”

“Ginger, put on a d*mn shirt,” he commanded.

Hear my name being called from his lips, sent an involuntary shiver down my spine. I silently cursed my body’s stupid reaction. This wasn’t supposed to happen. I wasn’t supposed to let my guard down.

“And why should I?” Okay, so that came out a little ruder than I expected.

My arms folded against my chest and a low growl formed in the pits of me. I didn’t like to be commanded around, especially when I was an alpha myself. As an alpha, I only followed my own rules; with the exception of my packs influence.

But d*mn; I was not about to submit to his sorry butt.

Jordan closed his eyes, in what seemed to be frustration. “Just please do it before we both do something we’ll regret.”

In his I saw the promise of his words and immediately, breathing became harder to do. If I hadn’t known better – as in being naïve – I wouldn’t have caught the lust in his voice.

“Fine,” I agreed, a little breathy, “but only because I feel awkward being half naked and you have to turn around.”

Jordan did as I told, turning around and mumbling something along the lines of, it’s not like I haven’t seen before; yeah he was going to be dead. Swiftly, I bent down and retrieved the fallen shirt and slipped it over my head in one motion.

As I slipped my shirt on, I kept a close eye on the back of his head – just in case he decided to turn around. Then, my gaze adverted to his firm and taut back muscles. I couldn’t help but stare. Soon my little trance was interrupted.

“You know, it’s rude to stare.”

I could hear the amusement in his voice and I was annoyed.

“I wasn’t staring,” I retorted. “I was just making sure you didn’t turn around when I was still putting the shirt on.”

When he didn’t reply, I just rolled my eyes and told him to turn back around.