Chapter Twenty-Six

Goodness. I am the worst update person ever. It has been over two years since I’ve started writing this, and I hate that I’m not even close to being done. I want to have a legitimate excuse on why I haven’t been updating this story… but sadly, I don’t. All I have to say is: I just didn’t have time. And it sounds awfully lame. But hey – at least I’m back. And at least I have a good chapter. Hopefully.

Recap:

[So, I normally do the previous chapter recaps, but I feel like I have to combine the last few chapters instead - because to read this chapter, you have to have to background info or else you’ll be lost. Btw, I’m pretty bad at summaries.]

Okay, so Ginger and her pack youth are on a camping trip somewhere in the mountains. She and Jordan have all this tension that builds up and they end up kissing. This triggers the first step in the mating process. The next day – everyone, but a few, go to the hot springs.

Olivia – the b*tch who tried to steal Jordan – ends up at the camp, which shocks Ginger and Felicity. Olivia’s not her usual self, and she breaks down. [Re-read chapter 23 for her story.] We are introduced to Maddox Kronin – the bad guy in this story.

Maddox arrives to the camp and ends up killing Olivia. After this, one can assume that Ginger is in grave danger.

***

And that leads me to this – something of you all have been waiting for, or at least, have asked to me consider it. Hope you all enjoy!

T W E N T Y – S I X

Jordan’s POV

I was the stupidest werewolf out there.

Fate gave me everything that I would ever need. H*ll, it was practically handed to me on a silver platter. And yet, I let my stupid pride get in the way of it all.

She was perfect.

Those captivating, liquid gold eyes; they were so easy to read. Just with one look, you could tell exactly what she was feeling. And it killed me. She was so expressive.

She had it all.

She was everything I needed and more.

Then, why didn’t tell her that? Why was it that when I first saw her, it was like I wanted to hurt her?

I knew that right from the start, trying to be with her would be difficult. I mean, she’s the alpha

of her pack. How in the world were we supposed to make that work out? I couldn’t leave my pack, nor could she hers.

That is why I tried to distance myself from her.

Even though I thought that distance was what I needed, deep down inside I knew that I couldn’t stay away from her. So, I stayed in her pack and made it seem like I didn’t acknowledge our growing bond.