Chapter Ten

T E N

“I’m sorry,” Delia apologizes. “I didn’t really know what to say.”

I nodded my head understanding. “It’s fine.”

“So, what did she look like?” she asked.

“Johanna?” I asked and Delia nodded. “Well, she had my eyes and skin but she had Jordan’s hair.”

“You two would make such a cute baby,” Delia complemented and I bit back a blush.

“Yeah but that’s the thing,” I said with a frown. “We’re never having a baby together.”

Delia’s smile fell. “And why is that?”

“Not everyone can be happy like my brother and you,” I explained. “Jordan hates me anyways and vice versa.”

We were like fire and ice – two different and totally opposite elements; we just don’t go well with one another. We would be a disaster just waiting to happen. I could just imagine us ending up killing one another out of frustration.

“That’s not true,” she defended. “You don’t hate him; you can’t hate your mate.”

“Well, obviously you can now.”

“Besides, how would you know anyways? The only time you talk to him, both of you argue.”

“What do you expect?” I ask. “Around him, all I want to do is argue.”

“That’s not what mates do, Ginger.”

“Well if you haven’t noticed, we are both alphas – we want to be on top; we both want to be dominant and I’m not allowing him that satisfaction.”

She lets out an annoyed sigh. “Right; stupid fates, what were they thinking when they pared up you two?”

“Getting high,” I say with a laugh and Delia soon joins me.

After we settle down, Delia asks me a question, “Can you tell me more about your dream? They can sometimes predict the future you know.”

Yeah right, I thought.

“Let’s see, well I told you it was my twenty-fourth and everyone was there, correct?” I asked making sure I didn’t end up repeating myself.

“Yes; I called you old.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh yes, how could I have forgotten?”

“Hmm, it’s not exactly rocket science but I can explain – ouch!” Delia yells. “You just chucked me with a pillow!”