Chapter Thirteen

T H I R T E E N

Remind me to ask my parents if I can be permanently home schooled.

As if the day couldn’t possibly get any worse than it already was – boy was I going to have the time of my life… speaking sarcastically of course.

After McB*tch’s little scene, I walked away… not totally okay – meaning I was nearly about to go all alpha on her a*s – but at least I didn’t kill her; she should be grateful for that little bit of sanity I had left in me.

On my way to my first class, I thought of little ideas to avoid the both of them and I actually had some pretty good ideas.

For example, I would simply try to avoid them at all costs and take the long route to class. In my head, this all seemed pretty legit but a little, tiny, itty-bitty part of my brain didn’t agree. In that part of my brain, this all was childish and so un-alpha-like.

Honestly, at this point I really didn’t give a crap anymore. All I wanted was to graduate from this stupid school and become alpha full time, for as long as life permitted me to do so that is.

So, as I walked into first period… I thought no one could possibly ruin this parade I was having; I was wrong. About ten minutes before the bell was due to ring, Mrs. Lease was already nearly done with her lecture about English literature – what a bore it was – and then, guess who walked into the classroom?

It just had to be the devil herself, along with him trailing not too far behind.  Shoot me now. And that wasn’t the only thing… both of the looked frazzled and disheveled. Please don’t tell me they… I’m not even going to say.

“Ms. McClellan,” Mrs. Lease stated. Oh, so that was her last name… I still prefer McB*tch though; it suits her more. “So, please explain to me, why you and Mr. Hayes are late? As in, you both missed practically this whole lesson?”

I was trying so hard to keep still, that my lips were starting to bleed.

“Mrs. Lease,” someone piped up. “It’s obvious why they’re so late!”

The class erupted into fits of talking and uncontrollable laughter. My eyes stayed glued to my desk as my body trembled. The movement would have gone unnoticed by any regular person, but any were could see from a distance that I was nearly about to shift.

“You two take a seat,” Mrs. Lease commanded and they both walked to the back of the classroom.

The class continued on but no matter how much Mrs. Lease tried to settle the class down, no one would shut up. She pleaded and whined, she even threatened to give us all lunch detention – who really gives a crap at this point?

We all were seniors and lunch detention was and meant nothing to us.

“Class,” she said somewhat threateningly. “If you all don’t hush up right now, I will –”