Chapter Eleven

E L E V E N

“I’m so bored.”

“No one asked you to stay with me.”

“I couldn’t leave you here all alone; you needed some heart – to – heart talk,” Delia pointed out. “And I being your best friend… did exactly just that.”

I roll my eyes and raise a brow, while smiling. “Umm, sure; think what you want to think.”

“What? I’m not your best friend?” she asks shocked. “Who is that chick? I’m going to kill them!”

“Who said that chick was even a girl? For all you know my best friend could be a guy,” I say laughing.

“Are you calling me a guy?” she screamed. “’Cause I have full proof that I – Delia Leann Reynolds – am most certainly not –”

I laughed even harder and held my hands up. “Gee Delia; only joking here.”

She huffed. “D*mn, I hate you so much sometimes.”

“Love you too,” I say with a huge smile and hugged her.

“Whoa, aren’t you extremely touchy and feely?” she asked.

“Yeah, says the girl hugging me back.”

“Shut up.”

I laugh and break apart from her. I glance up at the clock on my wall and sigh. Delia gave me a puzzled look.

“We can’t go to school now,” I explained. “There’s like an hour left.”

“Ah – oh well,” Delia shrugged. “I didn’t want to go to school today anyways. I have Mrs. Smith first thing in the morning.”

I cringe remembering the evil old lady. Mrs. Smith was an English teacher at school – she’s also human by the way – and I had her last year. When I had her, she gave me hell. I swear that she’s the strictest teacher alive.

I had her for English III and oh boy… let’s just say, I almost failed her class. When I first met her, I thought that she would be one of those super nice old ladies who bake you cookies and are like your second grandmother… umm, no.

She was exactly the opposite.

There was this joke that some of the guys made up, in the joke they said that she should be dead already. I second it; the lady is nearing her nineties. She has lived a very good life… full of torturing students.

“Sucks to be you,” I tell her.

“Yeah I know,” she says agreeing. “I was going to skip her class but knowing her, she would track me down.”