4.One Less Lonely Heart.

I was staring at the ceiling thinking about everything that had happened. Every bad thing in my life led me to this point. That's what Patton said anyway. He said I had to stop seeing them and things to regret. Sure I have done such horrible things but he saw those point as the past. They weren't what I was anymore.

If the Great Forest event never happened, Lya would never have taken me in. I never would have gotten past the insanity that clouded my mind. I never would have learned to control my powers. And if she never died, I never would have found my self on that cliffside. I never would have met Caz...

I winced at the phantom pain that crawled up my spine and I looked over to see Roman just staring at me.

"You ok?" I saw him start to blush in embarrassment and I couldn't hold back a smirk. "Do you need something? I don't have much but Patton usually keeps the fridge filled."

"Patton?" I nodded and sat up, looking over at Roman with this big smile on my face.

"Yep, he's sort of... kind of... adopted me." I laughed as he looked over at me with this confused puppy dog face. "He's just a very caring friend. It's nice, haven't had that in a while..." The phantom pain came back strong in arms as the memory of him came crawling back. I shook myself from my thoughts and tried to hide the pain in a smile. "Anyway, he's usually good at keeping things stocked up."

"Do you not leave?" I flinched and shook his head, avoiding eye contact. I try not to. After all, I'm only able to actually do anything at night and just like with the bar... there only open so long.

"Sometimes the best option is to remove yourself from the equation." Monsters aren't meant to be out there like the world had an actual place for them. They made sure to show me that. I only belong half the time and that's when the world shuts down. So still... I'm not a part of it. I looked over at him and smiled sadly. "Things aren't always what they appear to be, Roman. Sometimes the monsters are the ones that look human."

"I can't except that." He smiled at me sadly as he walked over and sat next to me on the couch. I looked up at him confused and felt the tears start to well up in my eyes. I watched as he reached out. I wasn't scared. I wasn't anxious or worried. I say him reach out to me and I wanted him to hold me. So I did something I told myself I would never do again. I pulled him in, and soon we were both just laying there... together.

"Ro...man..." It was the first time I felt happy, besides with Patton. It was like he chased the bad memories away... the pain... the scars... all of it gone. He made me feel safe. He made me feel human.

"Good night Virgil..." I felt his chest vibrate as he spoke and I smiled. I really did fall for the handsome stranger. I wonder... I wonder if he could see the sleeping beauty behind the dreaded dragon. I wonder if he could be my Disney prince.

"Night, Princey."