Chapter 33

"Shit, shit, shit." I curse, jolting upright and looking to the curtains, the sun is much lower in the sky now, casting an orange glow around us.

"What?!" Cheryl cries, glancing frantically around the room. Whwn she doesn't see any change, she turns to me, pouting and rubbing her eyes expectantly.

"The sun is going down and we've been asleep, there's no way we're gonna get any sleep tonight."

"Shit Kimba, really?!" I look at her with a puzzled expression.

"You almost gave us a bloody heart-attack then! I don't give a shit. Oh my goodness I've never known someone so worried about 'sleep patterns'." She moans, eyes still half-shut.

"Oi! Are teasing me?!"

"Yes Kimba that's exactly what I'm doin." She giggles, a cheeky expression on her face. I reach out to grab her, but she squirms away. She jumps off the couch and runs into the massive kitchen, hiding behind the marble island bench - laughing her head off the whole way.

"Hey, you shouldn't be running Cheryl, you're still not a hundred-percent recovered!"

"You're still not a hundred-percent recovered!" She teases back like a child, emerging from behind the worktop.

"Alright miss 'I spoil everyone's fun', what do you want to do today?"

"Cheryl, it's 5:00." I climb off the couch, pointing to the modern clock above the staircase as I do so.

"Well for the rest of today then?"

"Since when were you so awake?" I moan, rubbing my temples.

"Ooh I see you got the wrong end of the stick then. Yanno, naps are tricky because you either wake up feeling relaxed and refreshed, or you have a headache, dry throat, and are unaware of what year you're in... Just for the record, it's 2013 Kimba." Cheryl giggles, pointing at my ruffled hair and clearly bemused face.

"You're a cheeky thing you."

"My, I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to." She replies, shooting a cheeky wink in my direction.

"Really?" With one hand on my hip, I walk seductively towards her, eyebrow raised tauntingly.

"Good job at tryna be sexy Kimba, but the bags under your eyes are calling to me." She chuckles out, skipping towards the staircase.

"Oi! You ruined it!" I yell after her, sprinting towards the stairs. Cheryl giggles and bats my hand away, practically crawling up the steep steps. I clutch my arms around her hips, laughing my head off as she kicks her legs out rapidly.

"Kimba! Stop! I'm sorry! Oh my god I can't breathe!"

"What are you sorry for?"

"For - Ah I can't fookin' breathe! For saying you weren't sexy..." She giggles out, still recovering her breath after my tickle attack, "Because you very clearly are." Staring into my eyes, she raises a hand and ticks a stray piece of hair behind my ear, keeping eye contact the whole time.

"Ooh really?" Gulp.

"Fuck yeah." She breathes, inching closer to my lips. I am extremely aware of our closeness in this moment, I can feel her skin underneath mine from where her pyjama shirt has ridden up, tiny beads of sweat sticking to my skin. She moves her hand to behind my head, guiding me down to her lips. The rush spreads through me as our lips connect, shooting through my body like a flame. I can't supress a moan as she bites on my bottom lip, slipping her skilled tongue inside my mouth. It feels so unbelievably right, our bodies moulding perfectly together, yet in a way I'm not sure.