Sad Angel - 2

March 2013

If sad had been the mood that had caused Lindsey to write another of their infamous Angel songs, the one he could write right now would be called somewhat along the line pissed off. For once she wasn't pissed at him, though. They were just about to leave LA. And for the first time in years, they didn't mean she, and Lindsey, and Mick, and John. Now it wasn't she and Lindsey anymore, it was they, now. She was back in a relationship, with Lindsey. Things weren't official yet, but he had already moved his stuff to her house and her condo, where they were currently staying.

"Sleep." He muttered, feeling that she was restless in his arms.

"I can't." Stevie turned around, her arms coming around his neck.

"Close your eyes, it's gonna be easy then." He replied, still having his eyes closed.

"It's not my time to sleep yet." She protested. "And I'm furious."

"Don't be." Lindsey finally opened his eyes, seeing that she was not joking about her feelings. "I'm not."

"But how could anyone possibly do this to you?" She asked.

Clearing his throat was his only reply at this, reminding her about something.

"It's something different." She waved it off. "Had you not turned into a jerk I had never done it. And you're not a jerk now."

"Just let it go. It's not worth it."

"She cheated on you." Stevie hissed.

"And what did we do?" He asked.

"Something different." She argued.

"Now I'm all ears."

"That was you trying to help me regaining my mental stability after a my mom died." She muttered, but her voice got even more quiet. "And I'd never have done it hadn't I been drunk."

"So what happened between you and me was only the fault of nearly half a bottle of brandy?" Lindsey raised an eyebrow at her.

"First had that bottle been full to begin with I would have been passed out drunk and not able to do anything. Second it were only two glasses, though I have to confess that they were rather full." She justified. "And third I was brutally reminded of why I hadn't touched that stuff in about twenty years."

"I've never seen you so hung over, babe." He laughed lightly, but kissed her.

Or he was trying to. Stevie was glaring at him and turned her head so his lips landed on her cheek instead of her lips.

"Thanks, I hadn't thought I could feel any worse and then I had a hangover to prove me wrong." She turned back, placing a peck on his lips now. "But I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come around. But can we please talk about how anyone in their right mind would cheat on you?"

"You..."

"I said right mind." Stevie glared even more. "That alone excludes me at that time. But it doesn't mean that I'm not still sorry."

"Stevie, honestly I don't really care about it. Not anymore." He shrugged his shoulders. "It's basically been over since I came back from Phoenix."

"This doesn't help you trying to convince me that I'm not responsible for you leaving your family."

"It's better this way." Lindsey argued. "At least now everybody who needs to know knows that we didn't have something going on while on tour, before I talked to Kristen and the kids."

"I hadn't really expected you to be here already." She could help but smile and the tension leaving her. "I thought it would take until after the tour. And that we would sneak around hotels to try and hid."

"We still do, cause someone insisted on it." He shook his head at her.

"I just don't want to live like that. I don't want anyone to put everything we do under a microscope and speculate how long we'll last this time." Stevie sighed. "And I want to enjoy things this time around. We're finally back together, we did some great new songs and the band is really amazing. But one thing is business, and we are private. I want to enjoy us for as long as I can without anyone speculating about the how's and why's and when's... I think we deserve that."

"You really think it's going to be Rumours 2.0?"

"Not in a way in that we totally freak out again, but I waited too long to be happy to have anyone talk shit about it."

"So after the tour." He stated.

"Yeah, after the tour." She smiled.

She had only agreed on after the tour, because she knew that Lindsey would never agree to wait until his divorce was through and a little bit of dust had settled. That could easily take longer than December. With them being on tour there was no guarantee that after coming back home, his and Kristen's marriage would already be history. Stevie really didn't want that, didn't want to be seen as the reason Lindsey's marriage was over. But a part of her knew that even if they waited five years there would be speculation going on.

"Don't think too much about it." He told her.

"I just came to realize that no matter when we announce that we're back together, there'll always be someone who will say that we had something going on while you were still married." She sounded a little defeated. "We didn't, at least not in a way that some people might think about. They say so ever since The Dance."

"Guess that's how it is with you and me." Lindsey shrugged his shoulders. "We didn't exactly behave as if nothing went on between us."

"Only that there really was nothing." She hurried to say. "That's why I asked you what will happen now, you know when you played the songs for me and we... you know."

"You thought we might fall back into that habit?" He asked.

"I was afraid, yes." She nodded, closing her eyes, she buried her face against his chest. "I don't think my heart would have survived that, falling for you all over again, and then seeing as you walk back home and out of my life again after the tour. I meant it when I said I wasn't over you."

"You think I was over you?"

"It seemed pretty much like it the last fifteen years."

"I wasn't." He told her, prying her head up again. "I wouldn't say that it was a nice distraction, cause no matter what Kristen means, I love my children. But you weren't there."

"I couldn't." Stevie confessed. "I wanted, but I couldn't."

"I know." He just nodded and pulled her closer. "You think you can sleep now?"

"Still not quite my time to go to sleep." She pouted at him. "But I'll try."