Number Thirty-One

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed."

Number Thirty-One

Tired, Krad grudgingly decided to go back to the facility. Running around the city did him some good; he was able to spend the rest of the afternoon in serenity. Away from the headaches, away from the troubles. Plus, he was able to flirt his way through several restaurants and eat his fill, and he was also able to score some company in the League. He was relieved that despite the lack of practice, he was still sociable enough to mingle with normal people. However, being in places filled with food and music backfired on him.

Shame.

He missed eating home-cooked meals, not to mention yapping at a certain girl for always being irresponsibly late for her voice rehearsals.

Food and music. Her. Just great. Why was it so easy to find something that would remind him of her, yet it's painstakingly difficult to not think about her?

As he jogged near the gates, he noticed that a black van with no plate numbers was approaching him, followed by men in motorcycles. Escorts. Friggin luck.

The King of Zombie land had just arrived.

Krad was just about to do a one hundred eighty degree turn when one of the heavily-tinted windows slid down, and Cecilia's head popped out. Another headache. Shit.

"Oy! Gneiss! Where do you think you're going?" she shouted as the van parked right in front of him, forcing him to acknowledge one of the top ranking people in his Have-To-Avoid List.

"None of your business," he said smoothly, lips in a thin line.

Cecilia did a girlish giggle that spelled disaster. "You can't go. If you do, you're not going to be back tonight or tomorrow. You're going to go MIA. I don't want that."

He hadn't planned that far, but heck, what could he say? He had no choice but to stay away from the facility with all those people inside it. Even if it meant he had to get a plane and go to another State.

"I can See you, Gneiss," she warned with an eerie grin. "I can See the truth."

Truth.

Krad steeled himself and flipped her a bird. "Stick your nose where it belongs, old hag."

He saw 03 sitting beside the woman, and the Japanese guy was staring at him with that annoyingly unfathomable expression of his. This facility had too many an Equation already, and he didn't like that. Not with the King of the Zombies lurking round. To hell with him. To hell with everyone.

Cecilia gave an exasperated sigh. "Come on. Stop being stubborn. You're only to make my sweet niece worry."

Well, if she put it that way...