Number Eleven

"If nothing saves us from death, at least love should save us from life

"If nothing saves us from death, at least love should save us from life."

Number Eleven

People who care more for celebrity scandals than child abuse, who concerned themselves with the latest fashion trends rather than disturbing rates of crime and terrorism, careless about what's going on around them as long as it has nothing to do with them, a world that shows more interest in the hero's fall than the hero's birth... such things marked the beginning of the organization now called Creed. It started as nothing more than a bunch of ragtag kids who believed that their Gifts were meant to help the society.

Allies of Justice, the protectors of the weak, those were titles they upheld as they secretly hunted the wrongdoers that ordinary people couldn't catch.

Soon enough, these youngsters realized how impossible a task it was. True justice, after all, couldn't be delivered by the fist of human law. They could trust neither the police nor the military. Especially not since the law upholders themselves were as corrupted as the criminals they chased.

Yes, the world was a filthy place, an evil place. Rare Kinds learned that truth from a young age, as soon as their Gifts materialized. They were alienated – easy preys, vulnerable pawns. And what could they, people shunned by society, do to survive? To avoid having their Gifts exploited by men of power and wealth?

For the sake of pursuing happiness that seemed evasive for their Kind, Kreuz Creed built a secret organization where Rare Kinds could live in peace, where they would be taught how to tame their Gifts, where they could train themselves in getting rid of the cancer that corrodes the human soul.

But Kreuz Creed was young then. Young and strong and foolishly ambitious.

He wanted peace. He wanted so many things. He yearned to protect special people like him, but he also wanted to include the rest of the world too. He wished to create a place where the innocent and the damned, the poor and the rich, and the weak and Gifted can be fairly judged for their actions. He and his friends wanted to straighten out everything that was crooked. Their dream was a paradise that sounded like something straight-out of a comic book.

Betrayed. 

As their leader, he was incompetent. If only he had stayed sharp and wary, the battle they fought wouldn't have turned out pathetically.

He and his comrades placed their lives on the line to catch the wolves in sheep's clothing. But they weren't ready to face the brutality and absurdity of the war they waged. From the original agents, only he and Vladimir survived. All because he had been soft... all because the world is shit.

Justice didn't exist in laws created by the constitution, by the government. The justice that the world knew operated under the wheels of money and power. People bowed down to those who had both. But Kreuz was tired. He would no longer allow maltreatment of his fellow Rare Kinds, of his fellow men.