Number Four

"Nobody noticed

"Nobody noticed. Nobody ever seems to notice."

Number Four

It's about time she snaps, 04 thought as he coolly watched the setting sun.

Arashi let out a silent sigh when the sky darkened over the horizon. He jumped off the window sill without any noise and walked away just as quietly, his boots moving in quick, stealthy steps. He barely had enough time to snatch a snack on his way out of the eating hall.

It's not like he would get punished for stealing.  If the agents live to steal lives, then stealing food is just a dust in the tray, too trivial to fuss about.

Besides, no one would watch him. In his signature black jacket, even from afar one could tell he was an Equation. In fact, as soon as he entered the place, most of the people – Bases and UnGifted alike – suddenly lost their appetites and left. Those who stayed made it clear that they would never come near within a ten feet radius from him. And not one dared raise their eyes to meet his.

As if that precaution made any difference to him. As if that mere distance would make them any safer. If he wanted a slaughter, he didn't even have to step inside the hall. But of course, he wasn't that unreasonable to have a killing spree just for a whim.

Maybe, maybe not. Didn't matter.

In one swift motion, he was on the roof of the first annex.

"My, my, visiting Lady Capulet again, lover boy?" a husky, feminine voice chuckled from behind him. He tensed. Not many had access to the rooftops. Not many had an ability to creep behind him unnoticed. He was supposed to be alone.

Without hesitation, Arashi fired the small gun hidden in his sleeves.

"Hey! That almost hit me!" squealed a voluptuous blonde with teasing gray eyes. Her cherry red lips curled into an amused smirk, her hands on her hips as if she was out modeling/posing in Paris, tall, leggy 03 stood unharmed in front of Arashi in a lovely black dress that put European designer clothes to shame.

He didn't question how she moved that fast. It was her Gift, and she obviously liked flaunting it in front of others..

"What do you want, you old hag?" he asked in a dead tone. He lowered his gun, but didn't move an inch as he studied the woman in front of him. She had changed her appearance again. She changes her hair color far too often for him to bother which is her real color. It seemed like she's off to a reconnaissance mission this time.

03 pouted as she slowly approached the impassive Asian with feline steps. "Eh? Have you gone blind, 04? I'm only a few years older than you, if you're forgetting."