"It's really pretty." I said.

She was falling asleep. Maybe I should go now.

"I'm going to go now." I said getting up to leave.

"Could I ask you something?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sure."

"Why'd you leave." Shit.

What do I say to that? That I'm a sick bastard to whom status is everything?

I sat back down.

"Was it because of me? Or my dad? Or what?"

Well sorta. Bu I couldn't tell her that.

"No. Not really." I said instead. "I just am not really a nice person." But you probably already knew that.

"You're lying. It's written all over your face." She turned away from me.

I shifted closer to her.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you even here?"

"I... Um... Had your mask." I said handing her mask to her.

"You can go now."

"I'm sorry." I said again nudging her.

"You have quite a vast vocabulary." She mused.

I shrugged. I don't do too well in school.

"I know. Your not very bright."

"Thank you. That makes me feel so much better."

She shrugged.

"And you're not even apologizing!"

"If I remember clearly." She said, "YOU are the one who is suppose to be apologizing."

"Ok. I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter 'cause you don't mean it."

"Course I do."

"Prove it."

"How do I do that!"

"I don't know! If you really WERE sorry, you'd know."

"Ok. Gimme a hint."

"Not in this lifetime."

"Please?" I tried a puppydog face.

"Not working."

"How come! It used to work all the time! I used to use it on my mom when I was six when I wanted ice-cream."

"Well sorry to break it to you. You're no longer a cute six year old."

"But I'm a hot seventeen year old."

-Emory-

"Look into the mirror. I think it would disagree with you."

He smiled. Ok. MAYBE. Just MAYBE he was really hot. But NO WAY IN HELL was I EVER gonna let him know.

"You and I BOTH know that's not true."

"Maybe." I said smiling. I was ACTUALLY not depressed anymore! Wow. That was a first.

"You know..."  He said. "You're not so bad yourself."

Really? Did he just say that he thinks I look nice?! Well he didn't say it in so many words but still!

I was blushing like crazy. "Really?" I wasn't a girly insecure really. More of a get your eyes checked really.

Like most people, who tend to deny it, I too like compliments. Hopefully I havn't put my foot into it.

"Actually. You do look kinda funny."

I scowled. "Bum!" I yelled

I picked up a pillow next to me and began whacking him with it. He caught it and tugged making me fall on him.

He was REALLY close now. I could feel his cool minty breath.

"You are really really really really pretty." He whispered into my ear. It made me tingle all over.

"You think someone in pink fluffy PJ's and messed up has is pretty? MAN you have bad taste."

He smirked.

"If you think I'm gonna compliment you some more you can forget about it."

I could barely see him. My hair had fallen into my face.

He gently brushed my hair away. "I have to go now" The hair kept falling back in my face and he kept brushing them way."See you tomorrow?"

"You want to?"

"Course." He smiled. "You're fun. Now don't get too excited that I complimented you ok." He winked and got up to leave.

"Funny pants." My mom said from the doorway. "It's been fifteen minutes. Why are you still here?"

"I was just leaving. Ma'am." He said leaving in a hurry. Ma'am? Ha ha ha ha ha!

My mom bust out laughing the second we heard the door close.

"He's a sweet boy Em. Wher'd you get him?"

"I didn't. And we're not going out."

"Right.... Of course not." My mom mocked.

"Stop it!"

"Just don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"That's almost nothing Mom."

She kissed my forehead.

"You're so much more responsible than I was at your age. I would bunk school and go with Tom on his bike to the lake. Never did ANY homework. Well until I met your father. He was worse than my dad! He made sure I did all my work and studied in time. He took care of me. Now go to sleep."

I nodded. who was Tom? She never spoke about him before. Whatever.

I climbed into bed and fell asleep/ Matt said he'd see me tomorrow. Maybe people will give me a break then. Can't wait.