Eight

I worked full time on Saturdays and Sundays 'cause anyway I have nothing better to do AND all my friends are there. So it doesn't really matter.

As usual Jenna gave me a big hug when I entered.

"Hey kiddo. Wad your mom say?" Henry said as I entered the kitchen.

"Nothing. She was kinda pissed in the beginning but she relaxed a bit after a few minutes.

"Good. And... Thank you. Again."

The rest of the day was fun, waiting tables, stealing ice cream with Henry, burnt myself, ok that was not fun but yeah. I really like working here.

It was around seven when the came in. The moment they entered I hid. Please don't sit at my tables!

And guess where they sat? AT MY TABLE!

Take a deep breath. You can do this.

"Good evening." I said plastering a smile on my face.

"My name is Emory Peter's and I shall be your waitress this evening."

"Oh." Caddy said. "So this is where the poor work?"

"I hope you are seated comfortably." I went on, ignoring her comment. "What would you be having to drink this evening? I recommend the 'blue avalanche'."

"Then I most definitely will NOT be having that. No one want's to know what you recommend. Get me a strawberry milkshake for now. Anyone else want anything?"

I took down their orders and disappeared into the kitchen. I was taking in long deep breaths, trying to take my mind of what was going on.

"You ok?" Henry asked.

I nodded.

"Hey. You can tell me."

"I'm fine."

I returned with their drinks. Just as I was leaving Caddy poured her milkshake on the floor and I slipped and fell.

"Oops! Guess you better clean that up, 'cause we are very very comfortable here."

Bitch.

I pulled out a towel from my apron and wiped the milkshake that had been spilled on the table and went to call Elliot to clean the rest up.

"What happened to you?" Jenna asked.

"Caddy happened."

"We could swap tables?"

"No it's cool."

I have to deal with it.

"Are you ready with your orders now?"

"Tell me something. How exactly does your mom pay your school fees? I heard she sleeps with the principle. Is that true?"

Tears stung my eyes. Why did she have to be so mean!

"Or is it you? Why are you still here? They should 'do away' with people like you. You're just a waste of space."

I needed to leave. Get some air. I walked into the parking lot. The tears didn't seem to stop. I sank down to the floor. Henry followed me out.

"You ok?"

I shook my head.

He wrapped his arms around me.

"You'll be ok. Their just dick heads. Ignore them"

I cried and cried and cried until my eyes were sore.

Henry was nice enough to take me home.

I hope they find another restaurant to go to. But I knew Caddy would make it a point to come and sit right there every time. Yay me!

Monday.

"Hey" Professor Gillbert said as I entered class.

"So? You asked your mom?"

"Yeah... But she's working then."

"If its not too awkward... I could take you."

"Really! You would?" I almost hugged him. "Thank you soo much."

"So what is this weeks inspiration? Please tell me its not a person."

I laughed. "No."

"So tell me. What is your inspiration?"

"It's a secret."

"You can tell me."

"Nope. You'll just have to wait and see. Sir." I realized I was talking to my teacher and not someone else.

"Oh god! Drop the Sir. I don't need any more reminders to remind me that I'm aging. Now. Off to your seat. I want to see this new masterpiece."