Five

-Emory-

The second I opened my eyes in the morning I regretted it. I had a splitting headache. My eyes were hurting so bad. I buried my head into the pillow and pulled the blanket over my head. Why is my head hurting so much?

The bed felt different. It was a little... a LOT more comfortable. The blanket had an expensive feel to it.  This is is definitely not my room. Then where AM I?!

Okay... Calm down. Think. I left for the party. I hung around. I went to the bar to get a coke. And then...? Blank.

WTF! Calm down. Just think! You'll remember. I was panicking like crazy! I couldn't remember what happened! Why cant I remember?! Shit! Shit! SHIT!

I wish I could open my eyes to get a good look at where I was but the light really hurt my eyes.

"Sun's a bitch ain't it?" A heard a male voice say.

"Lemme get the curtains and then you can open your eyes. Cool?"

"Umm.... Who ARE you?" I said opening my eyes slowly. It was a little darker now with the thick curtains drawn. The room was expensively furnished. There was a big bed in the middle of the room. Towards the right of the room was a big chest of drawers next to which was a door I assumed led to the bathroom. On the right there was an expensive looking couch with a large book shelf next to it. There were a lot of books on it along with a laptop, some stationary, an Ipod some speakers and a lot of other stuff.

"I'm Matt."

My head snapped towards where he was standing. Leaning against the door with a plate in his hand.

Matt David. Why was I in his room?

"And WHY am I in your room?"

"You don't remember? Thank God!"

"Why? Were you that bad?"

We both burst out laughing. "No... I'm just glad you don't remember."

"Why? What happened last night?"

"Nothing worth remembering."

"Argh! My head is KILLING me!"

He placed the plate with scrambled eggs on my lap.

"Eat up. It's for the hangover."

"Wait. I was drunk!"

"Yeah pretty much."

"Crap! I didn't do anything too stupid when I was sloshed. Did I?"

"No." He smiled. "I came to your rescue. So... Now eat up. Your mom's probably freaking out."

I was freaking out! I was in MATT DAVID'S room! IN his BED! HE had made me egg!

"If you don't mind me asking... Why am I in your bed?"

"Oh... 'Cause I didn't really know where to put you. I slept on the couch. So you can relax..."

Phew! I was done eating. Maybe I should go now?

"I think I should go now."

He looked at his watch.

"Umm... Could you wait for just a little bit more?"

"I don't think so... My mom must be flipping out. I should go..."

-Matt-

I couldn't let her leave now! My dad and mom were downstairs in the hallway and my dad doesn't really like her and if he thinks that I am seeing her or something he will flip out.

She was about to leave when I grabbed her arm to stop her.

I opened the window. "Go out from here."

"You have GOT to be kidding me!"

"My mom and dad are downstairs so it'll be pretty weird if you left my room right now. So yeah..."

Just then my mom called out from downstairs "Matt! Caddy is here!"

Fuck.

I looked at her hoping the that knowing Caddy was here would cause her to change her mind 'cause I couldn't really MAKE her leave from the window. She was skeptical about it and was hesitant. "Relax. I've done it a billion times."

I showed her where to put her feet and how to climb down. Just as pulled the curtains Caddy barged in through the door.

"Oh my goodness babe! Last night was epic. Did you leave early 'cause I didn't see you."

She pulled me close and kissed me. "So. What do you wanna do toda..."

Suddenly there was a loud crash downstairs in the backyard. Please don't be her. Please don't be her I silently prayed as Caddy leaned over the window that Emory had just climbed out of. And there she was. She had probably clung on to some vines on her way down 'cause they had snapped and were now lying around her in pieces.

"Why is she here?" Caddy asked turning her big brown eyes towards me. She is going to kill me when she finds out.

"I CANNOT believe she was ACTUALLY trying to sneak into your room! I mean OH MY GOD! What is wrong with her! Attention freak."

I let out a sigh of relief, but it was short lived. As just then my mom and dad came into the backyard to see what was going on.

Great. Just great.