Thirteen

-Emory-

As expected Matt ignored me today. Well he can go fuck himself.

I came to school early today. I have no clue why. I was sitting in the corridor. Yes. I was sitting, under my locker.

I was flipping through my scrap book. I looked at the sketches that I had made.

Some of them were REALLY bad.  But some were good.

I traced the pencil lines with my fingers when I was distracted by the annoying tik-tok of high heels.

That could mean only one thing. Caddy. With her entire group of bitches.

Why am I such a bitch magnet?!

Caddy walked up to me and kicked my book out of my hands.

It fell on the floor and then Jimmy kicked it to Tyler and then he kicked it back to someone else and they kept kicking it around.

"Give it back!" I pleaded but they just wouldn't stop.

Caddy was even clicking pictures of my groveling.

Matt was standing RIGHT there. He didn't even look at me. An Yes. He was there. I was getting kicked all over trying to get my book.

I wanted to cry in frustration but I wouldn't give Caddy the satisfaction of knowing she'd won. A small crowd had formed around us now. They were all laughing.

They were all laughing at me.

I finally managed to grab my book before it got kicked by Tyler who kicked my wrist instead.

I yelped. It hurt like crazy. He had kicked it really hard.

I gathered my things and ran to my art class.

No one had come yet so the class was empty save Dean.

"Hey. You ok?" He asked sounding a bit concerned as tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I shook my head and he pulled me into a hug. I cried into his shoulder until it was soaking wet.

He stroked my hair soothingly.

"Wanna tell me what happened?"

"No." I mumbled.

"Ok."

I wiped the tears from my face.

"I'm good."

"Sure you are." He smiled at me, "You can talk to me if want."

I rested my forehead on his chest.  Very un teacher-student but I didn't really care right now. I needed someone.And Dean and I had become friends.

Apparently the red cocktail female had been and ex.  Oops.

But they had hit it off. Sorta. So he forgave me.

The bell rang and kids began to pile in so I went and sat in my seat. This time I painted Matt. The two face hot monster.

Painting him made me angry. Hot tears were threatnig to spill. Not again!

I escaped to the Janitors closet the second the bell rang so I could have a little me time.

-Matt-

I was on my  way to football class when I heard someone crying in the Janitors closet?

I pushed open the door to find Emory curled up in the corner hugging her knees.

My heart sank. I wanted to stop them but my feet woudn't move and the words just didn't come out of my mouth.

I sat on the floor next to her.

She had bruises on her arms and one on her jaw bone.

I tilted her head slightly to get a better look at it. It was turning purple.

Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot. I put my arms around her and pulled her into my lap.

"I'm sorry."

"You always are." Her voice was barely a whisper.

I hugged her tighter. I could kill Tyler and Jimmy right now. But if there was anyne to blame I should be blaming myself 'cause I could have stopped them. But I didn't.

'Cause I was a stupid shallow dick.

"How was art?" I asked trying to change the atmosphere.

"Good. I painted you. With horns and a pointy tail sticking out of your ass."

She was using my knees for a backrest and had wrapped her legs around my waist.

I smiled. I guess I deserved it.

"Wait. Seriously?"

She nodded.

"Could I see it?"

"No."

"Why not?!"

""Cause it's quite bad."

"Right."

"It is!"

"Tell you what. I'll draw a picture of you. If mine is better than your's will you show me?"

"Fine."

"But you'll have to give me a picture of you so I can draw it."

"I don't have one."

I pulled out my phone.

"Smile!"

"No!" She yelled covering her face.

"Comon! Be a sport."

She shook her head like a stubborn child.

"Posing is gay."

"What if I pose with you?" I asked

"Nah. Still Gay." She replied resting her forehead on mine smiling into the camera.

"I thought posing was gay" I remarked after I clicked the picture.

"But who would turn up an opportunity to click a picture with the great Matt David."

"Are you mocking me?"

"What do you think?"

It felt a little surreal right now.

I was sitting here. In a janitors closet. With Emory Peter's. AND I was actually having fun.

The bell rang.

"I have to go." She said getting up. "Don't wanna miss Math."

"Oh wait I have Math too."

I let her leave then I waited for a bit before leaving the janitors closet myself. It would be weird if we left together.

She was already seated, scribbling away some formula.

This time she sat at the back instead of in front of me like that day.

I wish she'd sit in front of me again. Then I could inconspicuously stare at her again.

I can't believe I like her. I ACTUALLY like Emory Peter's.

Man there's something wrong with me.