Fourteen

-Matt-

I was leaning against my car after school listening, or rather, pretending to listen to Caddy drone on about some new shoes she had bought.

My attention was focused on Emory. She was sitting across the parking lot under the big Oak tree and was sketching something. The sun was shining through the spaces in the leaves, illuminating her. She was really pretty. Not beautiful. But not ugly either.

"Babes. Are you listening?" Why does she still call me that! I hate having to keep reminding her that we broke up.

"Hmm? Yes I am."

She folded her hands and stared at me expectantly.

"Well?"

"What!" I asked.

"Are you coming?"

"Where?!"

She just stared at me. "I thought you were listening" Caddy mocked. "Tonight. My Mom and Dad are out of town so I'm having a little party. Are you coming?"

"I'll see."

"What has gotten into you lately?"

"Nothing!"

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"Like what Caddy?"

"Like. I don't know! Whatever it is, Stop."

"whatever." I said annoyed.

I got into my car and drove home. Why did she have to be so annoying. My knuckles were turning white from gripping the steering wheel.

I let out a breath. Maybe I was over reacting. I texted her.

Sorry... Something's messing with my head.

She replied instantly.

Its Okay :D I love you :*

I stared at the message for a bit. I did love her right? I mean she WAS my 'bestfriend'.

I love you too.

 Something was really messing with my head and I did not know what.

Actually I did. Emory.

I needed to sort it out. And I knew how.

I drove to her house before I went to the party. Caddy is going to kill me for being late but I had to do this.

I knocked on her door. I have never been so nervous in my entire life. Her mom opened the door. Again!

"Oh you again!" She said smiling at me.

"Good evening. I was wondering if I could speak with Emory for a few minutes? If that's okay with you."

"You, Kid need so stop being so damn polite or I'm going to have to make you."

"Make me? How?"

"I have my ways" She said nodding towards the staircase indicating that Emory was in her room.

I jogged up the stairs and knocked on her bedroom door.

She was sprawled on her bed, there were book everywhere.

"Studying?"

She nodded. She was in her PJ's again.

"I need to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"On Page 42 of the physics textbook there is a printing error."

"Huh?" She asked flipping through the Physics textbook.

"THAT's what you wanted to tell me?"

"No..."

"Then?"

"I... Um... I... Wanted to um..."

"I don't have all day you know." She said teasingly.

She got up and was standing in front of me now. Her hands on her hips.

"Common! Spit it out! What do you have to tell me!"

I opened my mouth and closed it again. She had such pretty eyes. And she was so comical. 

I leaned in and kissed her. She put her hand as if she was trying to push me away, and then she was pulling at my shirt, pulling me closer to her.

-Emory-

I was sitting in my room trying to study geography when Matt came in.

He was blabbering something about some page 42.

And then suddenly our lips met and he was kissing me. Wait. He was kissing me?

Shit! He was kissing me! I was just having my first kiss! With MATT DAVID! Our schools Mr. Hottie! Arn't there suppose to be 'butterflies' in my stomach? And where the hell are the fireworks?!

He pulled away. "I have wanted to do that for so long."

"Really?" I asked wagging my eyebrows. "Why?"

He shrugged. "Cause you're irresistible."

I laughed. "Tell me something I don't know."

"You're a pathetic kisser."

I whacked his arm. "Ass."

"I'm kidding!" He said kissing me again. "I have to go."

I nodded. He turned and headed towards the door. He stopped and turned around walking towards me and giving me a quick kiss. "Three times is lucky?"

I kissed him once more. It was quick on. "Well let's just say I enjoy making you unlucky."

"I'll come by tomorrow." He said before he left.

I noticed how he did not say anything about seeing me in school. Bum.

-Matt-

I was confused about my feelings for Emory so I kissed her. I wished I handn't, 'Cause now I know for sure that I like her.

This just complicates things further. I can't like her. Everyone HATES her. My own Dad can't stand her.

I am so screwed.