Chapter 14 - Sometimes Love Just Needs a bit of Help

Chapter 14 – Sometimes Love Just Needs a bit of Help

Unknown POV

I flew slowly so that my heart wouldn't raise and he wouldn't be able to feel my heart beat.

That's one of the advantages of being a Blue flame and owned by him. I know some of his weaknesses and what he can't do.

He won't know where I am if I keep my heart beat slow.

I carried on flying south slowly until I reached her window.

I could see three guards outside on the balcony. No doubt King Mathews doing.

I took the sapphire key out of my pocket and put it round my neck. My mother had been half witch half blue flame and my father had been an Alatus.

The necklace had been a gift from my mother when my Alatus wings had grown. She said that the necklace would do as I wanted because even though I couldn't do any magic I had the power in my blood.

I wanted to be invisible and that is exactly what the key let me be. I flew forward and none of the guards noticed.

There she was. Sleeping.

Loraine, otherwise known as my Princess, Princess Jessica of Blue the Flames.

I had done everything I could to protect her and I had been successful, for 13 years I blocked her powers from emerging and kept Emily asleep.

All of that went down the drain when he found her by luck, luck that had been on my side for the past years.

They know who she is now. They all do and she needs Emily to wake up to help her, but I can't reach her for some reason. It's like she's no longer there.

I tried to slowly let the power flow out of me, which wasn't exactly easy, but there was still no sign of Emily and the Princess didn't even stir.

I concentrated hard just on the princess until I thought that if I didn't stop, my wings would and I'd fall, but I saw it just in time.

Emily had used the power she had left, but what had been so important that she'd do it only to cause them both pain?

I looked down and held my head low.

I felt like I should be hit in the head with a bat. I'm going to cause my princess pain and when she does wake up she'll never forgive me.

I felt my head start to hurt.

I didn't know another way to do this but I couldn't leave my princess unprotected. Even though her father and brother are here, not to mention mate too…..Crap!

Emily must have done it to help Kevin!

What have I done!?

“We did what we thought was right at the time. The Princess will understand that. You know she's kind hearted.” Thomas said to me and I nodded, he was right.

“That's true but what am I supposed to do now? This is going to kill worse than a motherfucker Thomas and we both know that.” I replied to him. We both had experience with this first hand and knew all too well how much this method hurts.

“There's no choice right now…… I can feel Luke somewhere nearby; you think if we put them both together and then give it a shot?” Thomas suggested.

“It would ease the pain for the princess and by the time Luke does wake up he will have enough sanity to not hurt her.” I said, whilst nodding then placed my hands on the glass and slowly began to lift the princess up.