Chapter 6 - Never Bump into Strangers

Next Day

Loraine's POV

*Dream*

'Faster. Faster. Faster. I can run Faster. I need to run Faster.

I kept chanting this in my head. I was willing my feet to move faster. I was running in a forest according to the fact that I'm surrounded by trees but I don't know why I'm running here or where I'm running too. Just run Faster. That's my only thought. Why? I don't know.

Suddenly I hear water running. Waterfall I think. Just a bit more now, were close. Stupid brain! Tell me what I'm close to, stop talking in damn riddles.

I continue running as fast as I can. I spring out from in between the trees to see that I'm at a clearing. There's a waterfall and a boy covered in red .... Blood. I run towards him to see that he's lying in a pool of blood. Please say it's not his. I kneel down and gently pick his head up and place it in my lap.

I begin to cry. Why am I crying? I don't even know him....... do I?

I move his hair out of his eyes and my breathe catches. I can see light grey tattoos all over his face and hands. I do know him, but there's no name. I'm seeing him for the first time. So why does it feel like I've always known him? Why is my heart burning?

I scream out in pain and place my left hand to my heart whilst my right remains on his head. My heads going crazy and all my thoughts are whirling, they're all over the place I can't even think straight. My body feels like it's as cold as ice but my heart is still burning.

I need to touch his forehead with both my hands. How I know this I have no idea but I know what I need to do to help him and myself.

I place both my hands on his forehead at each side and try breathing calm even though it feels like I'm in the arctic but lava is being poured into my insides.

I tried ignoring the pain but it hurt, like putting salt on a cut.

Ignore it. My head kept on chanting. I had to ignore it.

Ignore the pain, ignore the pain, ignore the pain.

I kept repeating the same thing and I felt my hands warming up slowly but I was still cold everywhere and burning on the inside.

I opened my eyes to see that my hands were glowing a bright blue. I stared at it my mouth a gape.

What the Fuck!? I didn't move in fear.

Was I helping him or hurting him? A pang of extreme pain hit me right in the chest and I gasped, falling backwards.'

*End of Dream*

I sprang up in bed, covered in sweat and I was extremely hot. How is that possible? That dream felt so real. I could feel the coldness all over me and I'm still cold and my hearts burning.

I sit up properly in bed and place my head into my hands, grabbing fist full of my hair into my hands as I pull on it lightly. I'm going crazy. I really am.

It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream. I keep chanting that in my head but it doesn't seem to work.

Who the fuck am I trying to kid here!? It wasn't just a fucking dream it felt all too real. It wasn't like one of those dreams where everything felt real, but it was more than that. I felt every emotion and touch right there and then. It was way too real to be just a dream. It was definitely something else.