Chapter 15: Fortified

Rawr. ;) Song goes cool with the chapter. :p

*************************************************************************************************

Had my eyes not been trained Alexandru's face at that very moment, I wouldn't have caught the drastic change in his expression. I knew who had taken the place of the blonde god because I could feel it in the pit of my stomach, my chest, and even my lungs. It was the familiar warning that my guardian was near, and it throbbed in my abdomen as fast as my increasing heart rate.

 It was as if time was cruelly putting a pause on that cold, angry expression which lay on such a beautiful man and my heart was taking the beating.My face grew five times hotter at the feral, wild look in his emerald eyes before they even leveled to mine.

When they did, all hope was lost.

I was stunned with the jade venom within them. Not to mention it was anything but comforting when the naked, foreign speaking god in front of me spoke out in practically perfect English: "There's so many things I could say to you right now after what I just watched, Faith Williams. So many things."

My eyebrow rose at the blonde god's obvious accent and sudden puberty reached voice. It had the smooth richness of a man's baritone voice. It was Death's voice. His voice was sinfully fulfilling for my famished ears, that  it left my head spinning.

I wasn't talking to the golden, friendly god anymore. I couldn't help but feel a large amount of relief that Death was ok, too.

"Is this accent bothering so much that you aren't going to speak?" Death questioned, his eyes hardening. His lip twitched slightly as if he was going to smile, but it never was revealed. "I find myself having less control on my English when I am so...famished--"

"Death," I whispered. The name of my enemy rolled over my tongue before I could stop it. "It's you? How? How are you--I thought you---God--I thought you were..."

"Dead? Enduring the fire wrath of "All Might God"?"  Death interjected with a low laugh, unhurriedly licking his upper lip. His accent was making my mouth water all over again. "Don't be ridiculous, God hasn't even fit me in his schedule. He put on a show, didn't he? Made it seem like I was really going to get it..." Death's eyes twitched as if it was becoming hard for him to focus and he let out a long breath.

"You look a little green there, Death."

"I'm sick," he hissed. "It must be because I was forced to watch you French tongue my past, naked self."

"He kissed me first."

"He is barely seventeen at the moment."

"He was a horrible kisser, anyways."

Biggest lie of my life. It was like kissing a professional or something... I can only imagine what he kisses like in the future. What am I saying, he's kissed me before. A really, really long time ago it seems. I think my lips need a recap...

"I hope he was because he will not be kissing you again anytime soon." His thickening accent was making everything seem twice as sharp. "God thought it would be hospitable to put me into a dark, endless room with no escape until he decides what to do with me. There's some sort of hex on it, so it's really hard for me to speak to you right now. I'm actually here for a reason you know. Not to just look like an idiot in my past form."

Past form... He looks different now. Maybe there's more disturbing about future Death, afterall, then just his tattoos...his markings.

"Are you sitting in the corner waiting to get a hard spanking? If it's with a cross, I'll do it for him."