Chapter 3: Devin Star

Hey guys! Please vote & comment THIS STORY IS IN WATTY AWARDS but only if you loved it!! <333

~The hounds of hell, they cry. ~That's how they get to me. ~Inject my head with lies, the pain's astonishing. ~Like a flick or a stone, slowing crushing my bones, sending me to my grave. ~And if such a fate, this life that I've made, I'm going insane.
*********************************************************************************************************************

Twin brother. Devin. I myself will forever identify him as Lucifer.

My eyes were wide open as I took in what I had discovered from the beautiful Angel. I was staring down at the polished wood of the pew in front of me in disbelief, unblinking. I had been recently packed on the idea that David could very well be Death, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever even summon the idea that I had actually, physically, face-to-face, met the Devil. Did this confirm the fact that David was Death as well? Had I finally come to terms with it?

"Oh my God." It was all I could honestly say, all I could form between my slightly trembling lips. Sure, it was a little cold in the church, but it was clear to myself why I was trembling and I just didn't want to admit. The revealing of Devin's true identity sent my nerves on edge because I had grown to trust that kind man, and thus: I was truly terrified what else he had been keeping from me. You know, besides the fact that he was Satan.

"Faith Williams, shall I explain further on? I assure you, one cannot approach this particular subject with full depth and understanding until I do so."

I had completely forgotten Gabriel had sat down directly next to me he was so quiet, so still. I wasn't sure if I wanted him to speak further. It was clear he had told me a secret that was so big that he didn't know how to present it to me than how he already did: unexpectedly.

"Give me a moment," I said, adjusting my hands in my lap numerous times. Did I want to hear what he wanted to say? Would I end up "ugly crying" again? Would I be terrified? Would everything I had known in my life feel false?

"If you are not ready to speak about this, I will of course take you home safely."

It was hard for myself to not to look into Gabriel's eyes, as it was becoming obvious he was trying to find mine. I found myself pulling at my long hair and gritting my teeth at the same time waiting for the Angel beside me to give any sort of closure. I was in some sort of shock, at that, and deep down, I knew that no matter what Gabriel said I would still feel the same...broken.

"I want to know," I said softly, looking up at Gabriel.

He caught me in his ocean eyes for a time-consuming moment before tilting his head up towards one of the slightly dusty stain-glass windows of the church. "My brother's story is not one I share with everyone," he began in a soft voice. "So you must promise me you will never tell a soul what I'm about to tell you," Gabriel eyes swooped back down to me, growing dim with some sort of sadness. "No one, Faith Williams."

I nodded once. "I promise."

Gabriel's eyes drifted back up to the stain glass window. "My brother and I were one of the first Angel's to ever exist," Gabriel began in a cold, monotone voice. "We didn't have parents. We didn't have a childhood, as some of the Elder's had. God created us immediately to the age he wanted, and with absolute physical perfection, for we were made directly from an orb of his light, split into two identical. There would be a war between Heaven and Hell and we were what strengthened the Kingdom. God's voice had spoken to us at when we were created, saying we would be the successors of Heaven.

And so we began to train, fight, and go through different difficult tasks as Guardian Angels and Arch Angels still go through today. We were one of the original warriors of Heaven, made to be unstoppable, and undefeatable against any dark creatures of Hell. My brother, Lucifer, and I had formed a bond between us because we had grown together as warriors, as brothers, and had been side-to-side since the day of our creation. Maybe it was because we were twins, or maybe it was because we trusted each other without lives, but it came to the point where I could not train with him anymore because I knew his every move.