Chapter 8: Old Friends

Hey guys! What's up??? So here's the deal. I broke this long-a$$ chapter up in THREE parts because it was just too intense not to. Now, I'll upload the next part ASAP if you guys promise to LEAVE FEEDBACK, VOTE, and love me FOREVER !  :D  I'll come find you if you don't love me! I'll do it!! ;(. 

ALSO, WATCH THE AWESOME TRAILER A FAN MADE ME IN THE EXTERNAL LINK!!

*************************************************************************************************************

Icy blue.

That was the exact color of the eyes that had leveled with mine.

It had taken me a significant amount of time to shake off the pale reflection in the car window I had seen. The after effect of seeing it was strange, because I hadn't exactly felt the urge to run away. It was almost as if I knew that whatever the pale thing was, it wouldn't hurt me.

I decided independently that whatever it was that had been behind me, would come to approach me at some point--even if I had gone home. And I just had to accept that.

But that didn't mean I wouldn't try and get out of the whole carnival thing.

"Marcy, I can't do this. I can already sense the clowns and their determination to get in my face," I said, then, with my best begging voice said, "Let's go home. Please?"

"Suck it up or hitch a ride!" Marcy shouted to me over her shoulder as we neared the ticket line.

Well alrighty then...

The line for tickets had moved faster than expected, and I hated it. The old, bulky women in front wouldn't stop raving about how much she loved my braids and the teenage zombie-look I had going on. Oh yes, she thought I was a zombie for Halloween. The reason was simple: I was pale, and I had moved one of my braids away from my face during the adventure through the parking lot, to reveal a massive, discolored hickey that I guess, in the right lighting and with her crappy vision, resembled a patch of rotting zombie flesh.

Honestly, I don't think my aunt had given me a stranger look than when she got a peek of it herself. "It looks like a selfish leech gave you kisses," she had said. "I'll have to meet him one day."

"Hmm. It looks painful." Marcy was staring at me with the most intense look.

It made me wiggle in my clothes when my aunt looked at the hickey because I felt so disturbed that the Angel of Death, of all people, was the one who gave it to me.

"That leech comment wasn't too far off," I muttered between my teeth. I started to walk ahead them towards the carnival, my cheeks feeling so hot with embarrassment that lava had some serious competition.

Entering the carnival revealed us to the loud, repetitive music from the game booths, screaming children, and the over powering swirl of assorted greasy foods that had simply been an aroma in the parking lot. My aunt and Andrew stayed in the massive line for pizza as we roamed around the area.

"Let's do this," Marcy said and gave me a decently hard five star.

I shot her a glare. "Seriously? Why not the Mary-Go-Round, or some balloon darts?"

Before us stood a Ferris wheel, stretched up to the sky with thin-webbed yellow iron bars that peeled with corrosion. I watched as a couple into a seat, lowered the screeching bar, and swung dangerously back and forth on the Ferris Wheel, depending on the rusty bolts.

Each seat suspended in the iron death trap seemed equally as rusty. Wind kicked up and the seats at the tippy top of the death trap swung viciously. The Ferris Wheel seemed to teeter a little to the left, then straightened again.