Chapter 14: Deprived

:) I might be editing golden god's description a bit...

*******************************************************************

I fell to the ground in pain and felt like a boulder had fallen onto the bridge of my foot and crushed it entirely. Seriously, what was the point of making a chest plate fifty pounds of solid material if they could crush bones into an oblivion if accidently dropped?

Now I knew why there weren't any woman Roman fighters. They wouldn't be able to walk around with 200 pounds of solid, annoying armor! Let alone twenty pounds!

I got a glimpse of the injured area and almost threw up in the process. My foot was at least twice its size. I can feel my foot swelling! My stupid--

A deep murmur from behind me and a hand on my leg suddenly numbed my body entirely. The only thing I could actually feel was my breath, which froze painfully in my throat. I fought the urge to let out another scream again as my eyes slowly slid to the kneeling man behind me, taking in every inch of his muscular arm in the process.

Water clung to the man's olive toned skin in thick droplets, moistening my mouth completely as if I had taken a gulp of the river he had just swam in. Those droplets of water maneuvered down his wide chest and never seemed to end their seductive trail down the delicious man's toned body.

His eyes were like two heavy weights on me, daring me to lift against them. My eyes sinfully grazed his slightly cleft chin before I shot my glance back down to his shoulders...down his thick muscled chest, his pack of abs, which by the way-- I lost count of after two, because I was in a total daze. Kicking away any small amount of decency I had for myself, and the man's privacy, my innocent eyes drifted to that indent on a man's hips that resembles a V, and then then those poor innocent eyes were absolutely doomed to travel lower into the depths of damnation.

That is so much worse than the mirror man's nakedness.

With a small squeal, I tightly shut my eyes and fought the urge to open them again. This was horrible! What if Death could see me doing all of this? Oh, god, he was probably snickering and I couldn't even hear it! Closing my eyes only opened up more problems, though. I bit my lip again, reopening the cut in my mouth and gagged at the coppery taste.

This is surreal. This can't be him...that sweet little boy I saw with his mommy. He's so....

My left eye slipped open and my self control self destructed. That single eye lifted above his shoulders, welcoming the true danger zone with absolute pleasure. It was as if time had slowed to a pause.

Had I not been facing a virtual Greek god, I probably wouldn't been so flirtatious. "You are so hot. So scoldingly, deliciously hot. Death is such a fat liar!"

Hot wasn't even the word to describe the golden haired god which knelt before me, like I was some sort of queen.

 Hot was the adjective for burning your finger on the stove or in boiling water. Hot was the word you used when you were eleven and you had a crush on a twenty-something year old in a magazine. Hot was the word people used when they didn't know the correct word. When they didn't know the person for a significant amount of time, and they hadn't been basked in the glory of nothing: a black hole, where an identity should be.

 I, on the other hand, had personally known Death for a significant amount of time. I had welcomed by a dark shadow instead of a face that entire time. I was deprived, once. Boy, was I deprived. I was deprived of a golden god.

Now I was thoroughly quenched with some one hell of a truth and the truth was, the man was the most exotic looking thing I had ever seen in my entire life. That's right. Exotic.