Chapter 9: Reunited

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to vote and comment. I'm OK with that! It really makes me feel good when people vote for my story. :))))) <3
***********************************************************************************************************

"Marcy."

"Thomas."

"Faith." Thomas greeted me with a little more enthusiasm than Marcy. " You look rather striking with that makeup." Rather striking? Who talks like that?

Marcy cleared her throat as if to say: "Yeah, no. I'm over here."

Thomas' chlorine eyes slowly drifted over Marcy and his stone-cold expression cracked a little. The first time I heard his voice, it reminded me of a the texture of sandpaper and gravel it was so low, so rough. But as he spoke to Marcy, it melted into something that could only represent infatuation. "Love the outfit, Marc." He dragged out the 'C' in her name like 'sssss.' It was the nickname she forbidden anyone to call her. Thomas' eyes danced over her body greedily. "Very form fitting. You should wear it more often."

"You know me. Always dressing to please you, and only you."

Thomas' eyes sparkled with something I couldn't pinpoint. Humor? It quickly vanished, replaced by that empty glaze his eyes seemed to permanently have. "As it should be."

I swallowed a lump in my throat. They were together. They were peeing on the jungle gym! Swimming in tar! Dancing on mayonnaise! So maybe those weren't great metaphors for getting it on, but it didn't really matter because I was in so much shock that Thomas and my ex best friend had the hot's for each other, I could barely blink!

My demon-ex best friend and my demon child hood best friend were together. Even after Thomas pushed her into the pool and called her a slut, she was willing to take a ride on the S.S beautiful alcoholic jerk? I knew she was too infatuated with him in the car to the carnival!

Marcy squared her shoulders. "Let's cut the crap, Thomas. There doesn't have to be a fight tonight. I hate the sight of your pale face and I hate your smirk. Honestly, I hate that you're breathing my air right now. I want to stab out those two big blue orbs on your face with a sewing needle."

So it's that kind of relationship....

A small smile lifted on my lips. Was there hope that whoever the demon was standing in front of me, whether it was my ex best friend or not, was on my side?

Thomas crossed his arms over his chest. "I see you got a haircut. It looks cheap, as usual." His voice was rough and his words were harsh. "Just like the cheap bimbo you are."

I let out a gasp.

Those glowing demon eye glaciers darted back to me and my heart froze in my chest.

Marcy was touching the ends of her hair as if to expect them and then shook her head, shaking off the insult he presented to her. "And I see you didn't got a haircut, Rapunzel. Did daddy not give you your daily allowance, rich boy?" she remarked. I would have laughed at their weird bickering, had I not felt entirely numb from Thomas' freezing gaze.

His voice was low. "I got it. How about you step your pretty little butt aside and let me get what I came here for?"

"You can't have her. Not now, not ever." The air shifted slightly. Marcy's stance grew wider. "Unless you go through me."

I thought Death is suppose to protect me. Maybe Debora was right, Marcy is around for an extra amount of observing.

Thomas stared intensely at her. "Piece of cake."