Reindeer Food

Robin

The bakery is full of Girl Scouts. They approached me about having a Christmas event where they could sell cookies, milk, and carrots to put out on Christmas Eve, and I was more than happy to oblige.

"Carrots?" Denny had asked curiously as we were shopping for the event.

I'd giggled. "They're reindeer food, silly," I'd replied, kissing his cheek.

Now I'm busily moving around making sure all the tables have everything they need. I pause at the most empty one to help restock the boxes of cookies. The woman minding the table smiles at me gratefully.

I glance at the middle of the room. Denny came by to help, and he's currently entertaining all the younger kids by telling Christmas stories. He's doing voices while he holds two little girls, one in each arm. Every few minutes, he spins around, making them laugh excitedly.

He catches me watching and smiles, bending down to whisper in their ears. They wave at me and I grin, waving back.

"Is that your husband?" the woman asks.

I blush and show her my ring. "Soon," I confess.

She congratulates me and tells me how beautiful my ring is, then adds, "Are you two going to have kids? He looks like he's great with them."

Denny and I haven't talked about kids yet.

But I know the answer to the question anyway.

"Yes," I reply happily. "We definitely want kids."

Denny spins the girls again and they squeal, begging him for more. He gives them what they want and his eyes meet mine when he stops this time. He beams at me, his dimples on full display.

I make my way over to him as he sets the girls down, leaning up and giving him a sweet kiss.

They giggle and tug on his pant legs. "Mr. Denny! Mr. Denny! Is she your girlfriend?"

"She is," he confirms, kneeling down to talk to them.

"She's pretty!" I laugh and blush and Denny chuckles. "Are you going to marry her?"

"See that ring?" I hold out my hand for them. "That means I asked her to marry me and she said yes."

"You need to get married soon! Then you can have babies!"

Denny laughs, ruffling their hair as he stands and takes me in his arms. "What do you think, Robin?" he murmurs, brushing his nose over mine. "Should we get married soon so we can have babies?"

I squeeze him and nod. "Yes, Denny. Lots of babies."

He cups my face in his hands and kisses me fiercely, clearly in agreement. The little girls clap and Denny picks me up, spinning me around as Christmas music rings throughout the store.