Snow

Robin

I come home from the bakery to find Denny lying in the front yard. He's smiling from ear to ear, and even though I'm exhausted, I smile too.

I leave my things on the porch and walk over to him. It's dusk; colors dance beautifully in the sky as a light snow falls, and the stars are just becoming visible. It's my favorite time of night.

I stand in front of him, gently nudging his toe with my boot. "What are you up to?" I tease.

"Making a snow angel," he answers. He stops moving his arms and legs and props himself up on his elbows so he can look at me. "But now I don't need one, because there's an angel standing right in front of me."

I shake my head as he chuckles. "Really, Denny? You thought that line would work on me?"

He grins. "All my lines have worked on you so far." I laugh and reach for him.

"Come inside with me?" I ask. Instead of getting up, he grabs my hands, pulling me down gently until he's on his back and I'm lying on top of him. I align my legs with his so I don't ruin the snow angel, resting my cheek on his chest.

"Make a snow angel with me first," he requests quietly. I scoot up and gently rest my face against his, brushing our mouths together as we move our arms and legs to make the snow angel. When we're finished, he wraps his arms around me, holding my head in one of his large, warm hands and pressing his mouth more firmly against mine.

"You really are an angel," Denny whispers. I blush.

"So are you," I reply. He blushes too and kisses me again.

"I love you, Robin," he says, gazing up at me happily.

"I love you, Denny."

I shriek as he rolls me over so I'm the one in the snow, laughing uncontrollably as he kisses every inch of my face before capturing my lips with his. I kiss him back eagerly, twining my arms around his neck.

"You ruined the snow angel," I pout. He tilts his head, glancing around us, and shrugs.

"Worth it," he tells me, winking. "Besides, we can always make another one later."

"Okay," I agree, kissing him one more time as the snow falls around us.