CHAPTER 10: Genuine.

“E-Elerie?”

                A voice said that halted my wandering mind. I turned around and saw Lindon –who's actually just staring— unable to do anything. It is as if he's in a trance...

What the hell is he doing here?

                Nevertheless, I seized the opportunity as I grabbed my bag on the floor and bolted out the door. I managed to be few steps away from the house when a strong hand stopped me from going further.

“Lindon. Hands off,” I said, commanding. But he just looked at me, still processing if I am for real.

“It's really y-you...” he said more to himself.

“Just p-pretend you didn't see me here. Now, let me go,” I said as I'm trying to get off from him.

“Let you go? Hell no! I did that mistake two years ago. I won't this time,” his voice sound firm when he said that. I shook my head vehemently.

“No, this time, you really have to. Please Lindon...” I pleaded.

“W-Why?” he asked, mixed emotions coursing through his features.

“It's c-complicated. You will not understand,” I said in a weak voice.

“You're right. I don't understand! I don't understand why you have to pretend to be someone else! Why... Elerie? Why are you doing this?” he said, frustrated.

“I'll tell you when I settle e-everything,” I looked at him, his eyes telling me to say it all. “Not n-now... Lindon. Please, let go of my hand,” but he held it even tighter.

“No, Elerie. No. It's either you will stay here or I'll go where the hell you are planning to,” he said, in an irrevocable tone. My wolf and I are having a hard time now because we really don't want to be away from our mate... but this is the only way to protect him. To keep him safe.

“You are really giving me no choice, Lindon. This is my last warning. P-Please... just let me go,” but it seems that he made up his mind. He really left me with no choice.

Sorry but I have to do this...

                He was taken by surprise when I jump and shifted in mid air... right in front of him. He was lying on the ground when I landed, in my wolf form. I walked towards his direction, jumped onto him and pinned him down. I don't have any plan of killing him... that's so out of the question. I will just knock him off to lose consciousness since I don't have any other way of getting out of here. I raised my right paw and about to strike at him when suddenly, a sharp object made its way to my skin. I can feel my wolf slowly dropping on the ground. There's something that flows through my veins, which caused me to suddenly feel like this. Lindon caught me, now that I cannot balance myself because of this whirling sensation.