CHAPTER 9: Tears and Raindrops.

If things are still the same... I should be busy right now doing my dirty tricks just to make him in pain.

But the plan suddenly changed.

                Now, what I only have in mind is the fact that I should be leaving now. My business is done here. I have no reason to stay anymore.

                That's why I started packing my things. I didn't have a hard time placing all my belongings inside my duffle bag since it's only few. I purposely brought the important things since in the first place, I know I won't be here for long. I just didn't expect that I will leave sooner, than what I planned.

                After ensuring that all my things were already inside, I hid the bag under my bed. I don't want to explain to anyone why I need to pack already... I'm not in the mood to explain things right now. All I want is for this day to end... so that I can be away from here, maybe take a break for a while, recharge since I still have the bigger threat –Damon. I might be finish with Lindon, but that good for nothing Alpha still owe me big.

And his life is the only way to pay for his debt.

                I walked to the window, pushed aside the curtains and saw that the people were gathered around –they are actually waiting for the car that will bring them to Port Said. The kids were donned in white clothes while the adults opted for black. They are chattering but halted, when a beeping sound is heard... the service van already arrived.

                There's a knocked on my door and Luanne's head appeared as she opens it.

“We gotta go, Lauren,” she said. I nodded to her.

 “Be there in a minute,” she mouthed 'okay' and close the door behind.

                I look at my reflection... it seems that I am seeing the same girl from two years ago. Gone the smirk that is always curved in my lips. Gone the mockery that my eyes seem to always show. Now, the word sadness takes over me. All because of the sudden change of plan... that also goes with the sudden change in my heart. I guess it started when Luanne talked to me about him. And that night, when I saw him crying... it pushed me to the edge. I am cornered. I can't think of anymore reason as to why I should still go on... tormenting him.

                That's why after that, I see to it that Lindon and I will never have a chance to talk. I am avoiding him since then because I can feel that he will ask me why... when I touched him. I can see it everytime he looked at me as if asking: who the hell are you? The way he stares at me insinuates that there are things, which I am obliged to explain to him. And everytime it happens, I just direct my eyes with other things or just pretend that I am focusing with the food. Lindon and I did have those scenarios for two days. I'm just thankful that this day already comes, because this will be my last day in this pack.

                Before going out, I straightened my black dress with my hands as I take my deep breaths. This is my way of calming myself since I've never been to Port Said for the past two years. This will be the first time that I will go there –after the incident. And I am gathering all my will power just to get through with this.

Don't let them see you cry. Don't let them, Elerie...

“We're here...” Luanne said to me. We get off the car and the ambience that welcomed me is melancholic. His pack who are always laughing and smiling seem to be possessed by some gloomy spirits as of now. You won't see anyone with a joyful expression... it is as if the people who were buried were their loved ones. But they were not... it's my beloved pack.