CHAPTER 25: Nightmare.

<LINDON’S POV>

            The horrified scream echoes in the pack house making me stop in my tracks. I put down the bow I’m about to put on, and contact my beta through our mind link.

“Jeric...”

“Yes, Alpha.”

“What was that?”

“I’m not sure as of now. But we’re going upstairs now.”

 “Upstairs? Where particularly?” My room is on the 5th floor so I immediately went outside and use the stair. “Where a---” I was cut off when he speaks immediately.

“Alpha...” he calls on, almost a whisper. I sensed there’s something wrong.

“What?” I ask, continuing to go down.

“E-Elerie~” Jeric’s voice faltered, making me take a sharp breath. Her room was on the second floor so I bolted down in my wolf speed.

            Panting, I saw a couple of people blocking the door. They immediately moved away upon seeing me, their eyes were filled with worry. When I finally entered her room, I feel my blood literally runs out of my face –seeing Elerie lying on the ground, bathing with her own blood.

            I rushed to her side and kneeled down, the pack doctor checking on her... tensed. Suddenly, Elerie’s body jerked in pain, as if convulsing. I saw how her face winced before it turns back to being passive once again.

“H-How are they?” I ask. When Allison finally looks at me with such gloominess, I feel the vortex starts to devour me.

“She is fine. I already gave her some emetic...” Allison pauses. “But the b-baby. He’s gone,” she added, tears escaped from her eyes.

“No...” I whispered, shaking my head incessantly. Still adamant with what she just told me.

 “It’s w-wolf’s bane Alpha, rupturing the insides of the fetal form,” she told me. My head snapped to her.

 “Wolf’s bane? How the hell it gets here!? On our fucking wedding!?!” I ask to no one in particular. My voice boomed across the room, making everyone bowed their head at me.

“Lindon, son, bring her first to your room. We will know once she wakes up,” Dad told me, my mom crying beside him. I nodded my head reluctantly before carrying her in my arms.

             I took the stairs up to my room and then lay her down on my bed carefully once we got in. Staring at her face, I felt myself cowered because I don’t know how to tell her that our baby was gone. Even I myself... I still can’t believe that the supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life will turn into this –a realistic nightmare.

             I felt the need to sit down as my knees weakened. Settling on my seat, I grabbed her hand and place a kiss on it. Suddenly, I felt her fingers move a bit and so I look at her. She’s finally awake.

“Elerie...” I call on her. She didn’t respond. She just looks at me with a pained expression. “Honey... please talk to m-me,” my voice quivered, seeing her like this.

“He’s g-gone...” she said, a tear escaped from her right eye. I just silently stared at her. “Our b-baby is d-dead,” that’s when she burst out crying, her shoulders shaking uncontrollably. I hugged her tightly, my vision’s a blur with the tears streaming down my face.

            For a minute, we stayed like this, crying together for the baby we can never see... we can never touch... we can never give a name to.