CHAPTER 23: The 'M' Bucket List.

I didn’t expect weddings can be this tedious. Well, partly it’s my fault because Lindon insisted for us to just hire a wedding planner –but I object. I told him I want to be hands-on with this very important occasion of my life. In the end, I won... given that he or any members of the family must accompany me wherever I go. He said it’s for the safety of my baby and I to make sure someone will always look after us.

            Speaking of the baby, I’m so excited to finally hold him/her! Though I’m not still quite sure about the gender. My OB told me it’s on my third month that I can finally know whether it’s a boy or a girl. But either of the two will do, I will still be very happy! And as if on reflex, I put my palm on top of my slight baby bump and let me feel his/her heartbeat. A wide smile spread all over my face feeling the ‘thud’ ‘thud’ of his/her tiny heart.

“What you smilin’ at?” Lindon asked as he hugs me from behind.

“It still amazes me to feel another heartbeat inside me,” I said, turning to face him. Lindon leaned down on me, his ear on the side of my tummy.

 “Oh honey! This baby is a bad ass! He just kicks the alpha on the face!” he told me laughing. I put my palm on my bump and a heartily laugh erupted from my chest when I also felt the ‘kick’ of our baby.

“I will definitely let him sign up for the Olympics,” I told him, giggling at my idea.

“I will definitely let him join the UFC,” he commented, which earned a glare from me.

“UFC? Really?” I asked, my temper suddenly rising.

“Yeah. UFC. Why not? It would be cool,” the moron insisted on.

“It would be also cool if you don’t lay a hand –no erase that— even a finger to MY baby. Take note of the emphasis,” I snorted at him and then bolted downstairs.

            I sat on the couch and saw Lindon following me, obviously controlling himself from laughing. He tried to sit down beside me but I placed a throw pillow on the empty seat, darting deadly glares towards him.

“Alpha, pregnant... remember? If I were you I’ll just shut my mouth,” Luanne told him, walking from the kitchen, then sit beside me.

“I’m quiet here,” he said, surrendering his hand in the air. We just both snob him.

“Here. Have a drink. It’ll calm your nerves,” she said, passing to me a cup. A relaxing scent filled in my nostrils as I took a sip.

“Hmmm. What is this?” I asked her, totally neglecting the presence of the third person.

 “It’s chamomile tea. Proven to soothe the nerves when anxious or something like that,” Luanne explained. “I heard it is also effective after someone really pissed you off,” she said sarcastically, glancing at Lindon.

 “I think I will have an overdose of this,” I nodded, sipping on the cup. Luanne chuckled while Lindon let out a sigh.

“Elerie, honey... baby. I was just kidding with the UFC,” I arched my eyebrow, just staring at him with a blank expression. “I’ll do anything you say,” he said in submission, giving me his puppy eyes.

“Anything?”

“Yeah. Anything.”

“Are you sure?”

“Should I be not?”

 “So you’re backing out now?”

“No! I’ll do anything. Really. Promise!” he told me so I seized him up for a minute.